Ch6 - Secrets

A/N:

Wow! It's been a while! I've had many people, even up to this day, asking me to continue. It's been a year, I know, but I never intended to abandon this story. 

I must admit that I am not much of an author, and that I kinda started this story on a whim, not sure of where I was going. I still don't really have a plan, which is what has kept me from updating all this time. My only plan is that, as I write, I will come up with one. That said, does anyone have any ideas for what could happen, or what they want to happen? I didn't think anyone would like this, but I've gotten so many nice comments that I figured some of you could help haha.

Anyway, on with the chapter!! (also, you might want to re-read the last chapter, it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger!)

(Also please read the authors note at the end of the chapter, thanks!)

---

Hiccup frowned, confusion spreading over his features. Where was Henry's scar? Why did he look so... familiar?

Henry, quickly realizing his mistake, decided to speak up.

"Ummmm, it's not what you think" He stuttered, at a loss for words.

"What do you think it looks like?" Hiccup asked, his confusion deepening. Henry furrowed his brows, why had he done that?? Why did he have to take it off? Of course, he couldn't have left it on to sleep, but he could have figured SOMETHING out. Now he had to come up with ANOTHER excuse.

"Uhhh... Umm.. yeah I don't know" Henry admitted, he had no excuse for his blatant lies. Hiccup sighed.

"Why, um, why'd you lie about the scar?"

"Oh, um, that's a good question"

"Does that question have an answer?"

"Ummm, no?" 

Henry couldn't help but to find the situation somewhat funny. He remembered his younger self as timid. Definitely sarcastic, but undeniably timid. It was odd to see him so overtly analytical and pushy, especially of someone so much older, like him.

 "Please, just tell me why" Hiccup pleaded, a sense of urgency in his voice. Henry groaned, as funny as this was, there was no clear way out. He may as well tell him the truth, the boy was smart, Henry knew that as a definite fact.

"You're not going to believe me"

"Hah, try me" Hiccup let out a small laugh, rolling his eyes.

"No seriously, you won't. It's crazy."

"Henry, I have a DRAGON as a pet, in a village that KILLS DRAGONS. I know all about crazy." 

Henry sighed, he had a point. But then again, this was time travel. It was a whole new WORLD of crazy, on many levels.

"Well, ummm, so, you see, umm.." He trailed off, unsure of where to start. Hiccup huffed, why couldn't Henry just tell him the truth? 

"Where are you from, really?" The boy started, eager to see if he was really telling the truth before. 

"Berk" Henry stated, his mind still reeling on how to explain what happened. 

"What? But you said you were from the Bog-Burglars tribe..." Hiccup asked, agitated at the complexity of the situation. Henry could see the cogs turning in the young boy's mind.

"Well, um, it's complicated" 

Hiccup let out a loud groan, but nodded his head nonetheless. 

"Fine, is Henry your real name?"