Chapter 4: Moving Day

Chapter 4

Three months later

Christine's POV

Ahh... Today was the day I was finally move in with Michael. We chose an apartment with two bedrooms near the FBI building, so that we can be close to Michael's work.

"Sweetie, are you sure you can carry that box? It's very heavy." Michael said with a worried look on his face. For the past while Michael has been nothing but overprotective and loving towards me.

"Michael, of course I can carry it. It's the box of pillows." I said giving him a look.

"Okay, okay, I stand corrected. Well, since there are only two more boxes, I'll see you up there." He said giving me a quick peck on the lips.

After we had brought our boxes upstairs, we sat on the couch (that had just been delivered) and cuddled.

"Michael, do we have any chocolate?" I said. We really should, since that's about all I've wanted to eat since I was pregnant.

"Umm, there should be some in one of these boxes... Or we could just go across the street to that diner." Michael suggested.

"Sure." I said, waddling towards the front door. "Hey, you!" I said looking down at my tummy. "You better come out of me soon. I'd like to be able to walk properly again, someday."

As we walked down the stairs to the diner, Michael pointed out a loose board.

"Watch out for that board Chris." He warned.

"Thanks Mike, I almost didn't notice it." I replied.

We finally got to the diner. Michael sat down and looked at the menu the waitress (who might I add was young, attractive, and, worst of all, knew it) handed us. I just looked at her and asked for a piece of chocolate cake.

"Yeah, sure. And what would the handsome fella like to order?" She said winking at him. Not a good move considering all the hormones rushing through me. I could and would have clawed her eyes out if Michael hasn't been totally oblivious to her flirting and just kept his eyes focused on me.

"I'll have the BLT, please." He responded.

"And, would you like anything else sir?" She said in that same flirtatious voice.

"Ummm... Yes, I'd love some water. Honey, do you want something to drink?" He asked me.

"I'd like some water too, please." I said to the woman with a smirk on my face.

"Fine." She snapped and turned away.

Michael just chuckled quietly.

"Obvious, much?" He said.

"Oh, so did notice her trying to flirt with you." I said, unaware that he had in fact noticed.

"Yes, but why would I choose her over you?" He said. Aww... I isn't he the sweetest?

"Aww... I love you, Michael."

"And I love you, Christine... which is why when I saw this I thought of you." Michael said, getting down on one knee. "Christine Angela Booth, will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

I sat there shocked for a full ten seconds. I mean, what else could I do? This was completely unexpected.

"Yes! Of course I will!" I shouted as we both stood up. Michael leaned in for a kiss.

"I promise to love you, 'til the end of the Earth." I said. Ugh! I'm starting to sound like a Hallmark card.

"Me too." He said in between kisses.

We stopped kissing, and he slid the ring onto my finger.

"It's beautiful." I said tearing up a little. It really was. It was made of silver with a diamond in the middle and two infinity signs on the side.

That night I fell asleep in his arms with a smile on my face. That didn't last long, though.