Secrets

Sky's POV

We were all gathered in the living room taking about more private things about ourselves, nothing bad just things that will help us get to know each other better. I mean if you lived with people wouldn't you want to know everything about each other?
I was thinking about what I should share with them, when somebody elbowed me. I jerked up and fell on the floor. Everything went quiet, then everybody burst into laughter, and the loudest being the one who startled me, Mitch. I turned to him and said " Thanks pal! I needed to fall on my face!" He looked at me then laughed even harder, if that was even possible. He said while laughing " You looked like a statue, just wanted to help!"
I started sitting up only to be squashed back down, I hear the others burst into more laughter and I could only glare at the Canadian squishing me. He smiled at me, and I couldn't keep from smiling back.
After he got of me he helped me up and we both sat back on the couch. "Ok my sides hurt from all the laughter, we should continue on, whose turn was it?" Jerome asked while holding his sides. Everybody glanced at me. I asked "Is it my turn already? I don't even have anything to say."
Jason asked "Well.. How about your eyes? I mean I've never seen them, I don't think anybody else has? Right?" Everybody shook there heads, I tensed up " We've seen Ian's, how 'bout yours?"
Now all eyes were on me, I was never comfortable showing my eyes to people, I've had these glasses on since middle school, I mean except for when I am sleeping. "You ok?" I looked to the voice to see it was Mitch with a concerned look. " Um... Yeah.. I've just never shown anybody my eyes, there weird..."
Ian said " Dude, they can't be as weird as mine, so c'mon, can't be that bad."
I nodded and mumbled " Ok, here we go"
I reached my hand, which I now realize is shaking, to my glasses, I grabbed the middle nose part. Taking one last breath I took them off.
All I heard was gasps, then laughter, a very familiar laugh, I tensed, I asked "Stop laughing." That only made it worse.
It got louder and louder, even more familiar, I said again louder thinking it would help " Stop!" I felt hands on my shoulders but with the laughter ringing in my ears I barely noticed.
I stood up and ripped out of the arms, thinking of the safest place to be.
I ran straight to my room before my friends knew what had happened.
I went right to the balcony to get fresh air.
I waited a couple minutes until the laughs stopped, I finally let out a huge breath and sank to the floor, I know that laugh, it was the same one my best friend made when I took my glasses off to show him my eyes for the first time , that was the last time I showed anybody. I felt tears start to well up in my eyes.
Just when I thought my friends didn't care I heard a familiar voice "Adam? You in here? What happened down there?"
I tried to say something strong, but that failed "I... Don't know... I heard laughing, wasn't it you guys?" I heard Mitch walk over and sink down next to me. I shut my eyes fearing he would start making fun of them, but what I heard next surprised me. " May I see your eyes again? I didn't get a good look." I knew I had tears in my eyes but it was ok, I can trust Mitch, I can feel it.
I turn to him and try to smile, but instead I shiver, why? I don't know, I'm not cold. Mitch speaks up " Nothing to be scared of Adam, there beautiful, the most unique and bizarre around, I could stare at them forever." He was close, my face heated up. Mitch laughed, not at my eyes though. "I love how you try to hide your blush but it ain't working, I guess it's my turn to secret to share, right?" I looked at him and slowly nodded. He rubbed the back of his head " Um... I guess I'll just show you." He leaned in close and set his lips on mine, all I can say is that I never wanted to move, ever.
Mitch leaned back , smiled at me and said " So do you like me or hate me?" I smiled and said "Neither." He looked at me confused. " What? Then what do you think of me?" I leaned against him and said " I love you"
He relaxed and wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer, I felt warmer, no more chills, just a nice night and beautiful person. "I love you too." He finally said.
I never wanted to move, but after a while we had too, but I wasn't alone that night, I had Mitch, no more glasses for me.