H-He Came Back?

i sighed softly sitting in the library, sipping a cup of coffee. after kaneki had left, i shut my self out from the others. though they may try to talk to me but i just make a small gesture showing i had heard them and just brushed it off. it was noon, the weather a mild high since it was one of winters odd days where it would actually be nice. so there i sat, reading one of Tatsuki sens newest books, occasionally glancing out the window but that was as far as i would go as to following people to go do something fun.Kaneki adjusted his bookbag, making his way downtown, to Anteiku. He sighed, noticing the coffee shop coming into his view. He didn't want to go back, but he had to.

i sighed softly, leaning back in my chair, closing my eyes, and taking in a small breath before exhaling it. i finally leaned back up to continue the book as touka came up to me, slightly worried but she had a bit of cheer in her voice. "hey krystal, an old friend might be here today" she had stated as i just made a "hm" sound. soon she had pulled me out of my seat and huffed "your going to come to anteiku krystal, no more being in a shell" she stated as i just sighed and gathered my things. i knew there was no way out of it.

Kaneki brushed his bangs out of his eyes, and opened thr door to the small cafè. "Welcome!-" The waitress was cut off, and her eyes went wide. Kaneki recognized her face. He sighed, again, and walked further in. "I'm only here for coffee." He lied. touka had dragged me into anteiku and pointed at a boy with white hair "told you!" i blinked slightly "theres no way that could be kaneki" i stated standing straight, walking a little closer "could it?" i muttered

 The male's eyes glanced behind him, and they widened once he saw who had entered. He quickly looked away, and back to the wall, where he was originally staring. He placed a hand over his mouth, pretending he didn't notice who just came in.

touka crossed her arms "yes krystal. its kaneki" this had almost brought tears to my eyes. he was my best friend and crush, though i didnt dare tell anyone. soon i reached out to gently place a hand on his shoulder, though it had started to shake a little."Don't touch me." He said softly, but with a stern tone. Kaneki moved away, still refusing to look at her. He got off his chair, and placed money on the table, even though he had yet to get his coffee.

i blinked taking a step back and looking away, gripping my arm, my eyes closed to help hold back the tears that threatened to fall. "sorry" i stated, already walking away "im going home touka" i stated before leaving. touka had noticed the hurt expression on my face as i had left. she gave kaneki a slight glare before running after me. Kaneki sighed, running a hand through his hair. He felt bad, he shouldn't have been so rude. He slowly left the shop, walking in the direction he saw Krystal ran.
touka sighed and caught up to me noticing the tears slowly falling down my face "krystal, you know after the incident he changed. you should have expected that" she stated causing me to sigh "i-im just not used to it...its just been a long time and..."

Kaneki wondered for a little bit, not knowing exactly where Krystal had ran off to. He placed his hands in his pocket, looking around the area, and turned at a corner. touka sighed softly as i began to sing " Hello, it's meI was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meetTo go over everythingThey say that time's supposed to heal yaBut I ain't done much healingHello, can you hear me?I'm in California dreaming about who we used to beWhen we were younger and freeI've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feetThere's such a difference between us And a million miles" i sang softly

From afar, Kaneki could hear singing. He recognized the voice, and walked closer to the area it was coming from. But, why was she singing? And especially that song? Who knows. Kaneki had stopped walking once he got closer to the duo, and stood there, waiting to be noticed. Touka had noticed him before me. I just continued to sing softly, I always sang when I was sad or down "hello from the other side. I must have called a thousand times. To tell you sorry for everything that I've done. But when I call you never seem to be home. Hello from the other side. At least I can say I tried. To tell you I'm sorry, for breaking your heart. But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore"
Kaneki forced himself to start walking, to get closer to the two. He kept his eyes onthe ground, he knew he had to apologize, but he didn't want to. But, what was holding him back? Once he got clse enough, he muttered an apology. "..Sorry." I had stopped singing as I heard a faint voice. I glanced behind me and saw kaneki, suddenly going quiet, not saying anything. My eyes dull as I looked away making yet another "hm" sound. I then looked at touka mouthing that her and I had to talk once it was a bit later. She simply nodded and sighed softly.
"I only came to say sorry."Which, again, was a lie. He wanted to tell her what had happened, why he doesn't visit anymore, /everything/ that went wrong in his life- But, he couldn't. There was no way he could tell her. i growled a bit ànd looked at him, anger showing in my eyes "sorry....?" I muttered, my hands balling into fists "that's all you have to say kaneki? Seriously?" My knuckles were white at this point "you disappeared for a really long time. NOT EVEN A DAMN GOODBYE KANEKI!! I shut myself away because I had lost my closest friend and thought he had died. All I ever did since you left was read the books you recommended to me. Seriously! I...I...I can't fucking stand this kaneki! I hate this! I hate that you never said goodbye! And I hate the fact I even fell for you in the first place!!!" At this point I was in tears and running off faster than ever before. Not near my home but somewhere else. I had never yelled at kaneki and it hurt just to even yell at him. All I wanted to do was go back to when all we would talk about was books and laugh at the little jokes each of us made.
Kaneki managed to keep a straight face on the entire time she yelled at him. But soon after she ran off, he felt liquid slide down his cheeks, and drip off his jaw. He didn't expect anyone to yell at them like that, especially not Krystal. He stayed still for a few minutes, trying to collect his thoughts. Kaneki took a shaky step back, unsure of what to do. Touka glared at him "go after her you idiot!" She said to him. She never like seeing me cry. I was almost like a sister to her. As I continued to run, I found an abandon building. Running in I started to sing once again "playground school bell rings. Again. Rain clouds come to play, again. Has no one told you she's not breathing. Hello. I'm your mind, giving you, someone to talk to, hello." I sang, still crying.
He looked over to Touka, nodding slightly. Kaneki started off with a slow walk, but ended up running. He felt disgusting, he felt like he couldn't live with himself anymore. He looked around to find Krystal, wanting- no, /needing/ to find her. "If I smile, and don't believe, soon I know, I'll wake, from this dream. Hello, I'm the lie, living for you so you can hide, don't cry. Don't try to fix me I'm not broken, hello, now I know I'm not dreaming! Hello! I'm still here, all thats left, from yesterday" I sang loudly as the tears continued to fall.
Kaneki came to a stop once he heard the song being sung, and didn't move closer, only to just catch his breath. Once he felt confidant enough, he walked into the building, and looked around for the girl. "Krystal..?" I stayed silent but the small whimpers from the corner of the room gave me away. I just stayed hugging my knees with my face burried in them.
He let out a sigh, and walked closer to the girl. "Listen, I..really am sorry. I'm not in a good place, right now." Kaneki hoped that didn't sound as if he was talking physically, because he meant mentally. He hoped that Krystal would listen to him. I hugged my knees closer "I...I kinda figured knowing and seeing how much you changed...I'm sorry I yelled at you it just...it hurt so much.....why did any of this happen...you...why did this have to happen to you...an innocent yet kind hearted boy got the blunt end of being a half ghoul...just why did it have toy be you" at this point I had gotten up and hugged him tightly as I cried softly. As embarrassing as it was it felt nice to open up again. Holding emotions like this back took a toll on me. An emotional toll.
Kaneki hesitated, and hugged her back. "Well, I'm..I'm not sure why any of this happened." He was surprised he could keep his voice steady. "But, I do know that..this was planned out by someone. The incident with Rize, my kidnapping, Dr. Kanou and his testing subjects.." He sighed, and closed his eyes. "I don't know why this happened."I buried my face into his chest. Sighing softly as I clinched the back of his shirt "I'm just glad you haven't died. If you did I...I wouldn't know what to do" I stated almost as if I was going to cry more.
He laughed softly, and said with a quiet voice, "It'll take more than one person to kill me." Kaneki rubbed her back softly, and continued talking. "..If I die, I want you to keep going. Keep smiling, for me." I looked up at him, a faint blush dusting my cheeks "please don't talk like that kaneki. I don't want you to die. That's why I lost it earlier" I stated as I had a faint smile which is something that has been rare ever since he left.
"But it's the reality, I guess." Kaneki gently pushed her away, and looked at her face, examining her expression. "I wouldn't want you to talk like that, too, but what if I was to die? Or you?" I sighed softly "if you died I'd be heart broken. But if I were to die, I'd regret leaving you behind" I stated truthfully I never understood why I fell in love with him but being in his arms made me feel safe.
Kaneki smiled, and patted her shoulder. "I would, too." He glanced around the building, and left their embrace. "Why don't we go somewhere..better?" I smiled and nodded slightly "lead the way kaneki" I said holding his hand "we can maybe go somewhere where people won't stare or cause chaos" "Yeah, that's fine. Your house, maybe? Or my apartment?" He would've offered the library, but he wanted to take her somewhere where it would only be the both of them.
I nodded smiling a bit "how about your apartment" I stated smiling. "Of course." Kaneki returned her smile, and began to lead her out of the building they were in. I smiled and started to hum a more happier tune. He was happy that Krystal was content, that he was able to make her smile. Kaneki took her hand in his, and gave her a warm smile. "Sorry, for any pain I caused you while I was gone." He had to say it at some point.
I smiled softly "at least your here now. That's all that matters." I stated with a happy smile. "Yeah." Kaneki turned a corner, and pulled her along with him. He didn't say anything else, since he didn't know what to say. I smiled softly, my head on his shoulder, a faint blush coming across my cheeks. After a few minutes, Kaneki finally spoke up. "We're almost there."I smiled and nodded smiling softly. Kaneki led her into the apartment building, and towards his room. I smiled lightly and continued humming. Once they reached his apartment room, he opened the door and let Krystal go in first. "So, uh.." I glanced at him after sitting on the bed "we got a lot of catching up to do kaneki" "Yeah." He sat down next to her, sighing softly. I smiled at him and held up a book "her newest book came out a week ago. You gotta read it!"

Kaneki smiled, and nodded. "Want to read it together?" i smiled happily. we haven done that for a long time! "sure!!" i said excitedly.