You & I

"Chad" I just barely whispered his name.

Chad looked down at me, grinning. His smile was so bright and so genuine.

I looked up into his eyes with tears clouding my eyes. I couldn't blink. Not right now. If I did, tears would start falling erotically.

"Yes, sweetheart." His voice was soft. Pure. Lovely. I could listen to it forever. I was now actually blessed enough to be able to hear it forever.

I stayed silent for a long moment. Chads smile didn't disappear. His hand went up to my face and he moved a strand of my orange hair away. I closed my eyes, loving his touch.

He was mine.

Lifting my left hand to his hand, I opened my eyes. I let my hand rest over his as I smiled at him once again.

"You're really mine." My voice was a whisper. This was so unreal.

Here, right in front of me, stood Chad Gilbert in a black suit. This man was now finally and officially mine. He was mine. Him and I had wanted each other so much that we decided to marry each other after so many years.

"I am really yours, Hay-bug." He restated, smiling at me.

I scrunched up my nose and laughed. "Chad, this is supposed to be one of those cheesy romantic moments that we one day tell our kids about!"

Chad laughed and gasped. "What's wrong with Hay-bug? It's been my nickname for you forever, baby."

"I know, darling. But honestly," I looked off to the side, grinning from ear to ear, "I prefer spongebob."

I looked back at him just in time to see him roll his eyes. "Spongebob it is, then. Now," He paused and looked down at me with a serious look, "Hayley."

I nodded, looking up at him.

"I know we just kissed for what seemed like over 1,000 years in front of so many people in this beaut-"

"Chad!" I interrupted him, laughing. "Just kiss me already!"

Chad laughed and wasted no time leaning down, placing both of his hands to hold my face, and kissed me.