Part Twenty Two: I'm in!

Michael's P.O.V.

I glanced at Stella who was standing beside me. And, like me, she was trying to listen as my mum and dad spoke on the other room.

I can barely hear what they were talking about but I'm pretty sure this is it. Anytime now I'm sure I will be summoned inside and would have the answer to my desires to play music.

And I'm hoping its a good news.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out, reading the new messages that came from our group chat.

Breadstick (7:16am): Its all set! Today will be the last day I'm going to school. I'll start packing tomorrow.

Dey dey (7:17am): Wtf did you do?!

Breadstick (7:18am): Haha chill your nuts, babe. We'll be dropping out of school anytime now. I figured I'd say mine today. Ms. Sue wouldn't let me go but I used my manly appeal.

Twin :) (7:20am): Pardon? What manly appeal are you talking about, Lukey? You're my baby boy.

Breadstick (7:21am): Dear Calum, if you're ever reading this, please know that she called me baby boy and I am not using my seducing skills on her. She has her own will.

Breadstick (7:22am): Well, I guess, I'm pretty irresistible though.

Twin :) (7:23am): No, thank you. :p

SmAsh (7:24am): Where's Calum by the way?

Twin :) (7:24am): Brazil?

SmAsh (7:25am): Peach. Thanks for reminding me, boo.

Twin :) (7:26am): You're welcome. :)

SmAsh (7:26am): I've resigned in KFC today and now heading to school to talk to the principal.

Twin :) (7:27am): Will you still accompany me later after school?

SmAsh (7:28am): Yeah. I'll pick you up. Hope it goes well.

Curious as to where they were going, I typed in furiously.

Me (7:29am): Where you going?

SmAsh (7:30am): Somewhere. ;)

Twin :) (7:31am): How about you, Mikey? You good to go?

And as if on cue, I heard my dad calling out my name.

"Michael!" He called. "Come in here!"

Me (7:33am): Just about to know now. I'll see you guys later.

I tucked in my phone and glanced at Stella.

"Here goes," I muttered, breathing out.

"Good luck," she said, patting me in the shoulder.

I nervously chuckled, as I pushed the door open. I looked from dad to mum.

"Sit, son," she said. Her voice was firm, something I'm guessing is not a good sign at all. Maybe it didn't go well.

"Okay," I said slowly. I decided to sit beside dad. You know, just in case.

"Do you really wanna go and play?" She started. I looked at her and nodded.

She paused for a few seconds until she sighed.

"What about school?" She continued.

"I know, mum," I said. "But I really wanna do this and school is something I need to sacrifice."

"Okay," she simply said. "You can go, I guess."

"I'm so sorry, mum," I continued. "I'm... wait, what? Okay? Did you? Really? You're okay with it?"

She smirked. "Do you want me to take it back?"

"No, no, no," I chirped. "Don't. Please don't. Thanks, mum!"

"Now, I would have to remind you that if that didn't work, music won't get you a proper job," she reminded. "School is important."

"I know, mum," I repeated. "But I won't fail both you and dad. We'll make it out there!"

"Well," dad spoke for the first time since I came in. "Better go now and do what you have to do."

"Thanks again," I said, standing up and heading off.

"Say my regards to Sue and Chloe when you talk to her," mum called.

"I will," I said. "Bye!"

I took out my phone immediately as I walked out. Stella was following me closely behind.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

I just smiled at her as I pushed the sent button.

Me (7:45am): I wanna see Ms. Sue's reaction when I drop out. I'm in! ;)

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: In ten hours I will try to update again. Tokyo is good. :)