Myth of the Hime

For generations the name "Hime" has been passed down for centuries to the most beautiful and elegant women in all of Japan. But with this title came an almost unbearable burden. The "Hime" is constantly a target for both political gain and one of the most dangerous gains. The unnatural spiritual power which very few "hime" was and continues to be greatly desired by those of another world. And these entities were known as yokai. Yokai who wanted nothing more than to devour the "hime" and absorb her spiritual power which would vastly increase his own demonic power. Even in present day where yokai have begun to fly under the radar,almost as if they have been erased from the minds of humans. But even so yokai remain abundant in the world,even in current days. Waiting. Waiting for the moment they can increase their demonic power,either by killing a human. Or devouring a "hime". Yet in recent days it has become very difficult to get their claws on a "hime'. Considering there are only 3 remaining "hime" in existence. The women are heavily guarded by powerful Onmyouji. Onmyouji who have served each family for generations and generations.

Yet there was a single "hime"who had no need for an Onmyouji servant. This "hime" held power similar to an Onmyouji. A unique power in her own way which gave her the ability to protect herself using Shikigami. This "hime" was indeed the very first in existence to ever wield such an incredible power,and the desire for her life was indeed great. She was envied by all who gazed upon her quiet beauty. But her power was what made this "hime" stand out above the rest. She was known as the "Akikazkura hime" meaning the Cosmos Princess. And she did indeed live up to her reputation.

Guarded by a select few Shikigami,the Akizakura was blessed with. She continued to lead a life of luxury and solitude as any other hime would. With fear that anyone who dared draw near had ill intentions or was indeed a yokai in disguise. The hime remained heavily guarded around the clock. In their own way,each hime were prisoners. Like birds trapped in a cage unable to stretch their wings and explore the vast skies. This was how every hime felt but they could not change their destiny's.
It was either live or die. And they chose to live.

The "Akizakura hime" was on a completely different level than the other hime. Even so the 3 hime would often meet in order to have some sort of bond with others. In a way,each hime was one another one and only friends. It was a sad fact but it was necessary. Together the 3 hime were strong and protected and most of all without fear. Especially if the "Akizakura hime" with them. They were untouchable. Each hime lived by a strict set of rules that each were suppose to follow. But there was a single rule that seemed to stand out more than the others.

Never was a hime to fall for a yokai,if she were to fall inlove with one. There was no doubt that the hime would willingly give herself over to the yokai. Either becoming a demon herself and bearing the abomination of a demon. Or two which would be allowing the yokai to devour her,destroying her and increasing its own demonic power. Each was a horrible outcome and each hime vowed to never fall inlove with such a monstrosity.

But then again,each hime was human and had her own thoughts on the traditions passed down. So it wasn't too surprising to see hime of the past rebel from the strict rules placed upon them. But as the present hime could see that the past hime had met untimely deaths because of their rash actions. And they did not want to meet the same fates. But what if,just what of a hime fell for a yokai? Could it really be so bad? Would death fall upon the hime as she was told? Or would she finally have to love she had craved for all her life?

Only time would tell in the tale of love,betrayl and power. Will a hime fall? Or would the hime continue to follow tradition for the rest of her days?