Neko of the Darkness Chapter 6

I think the 'How to write Naruto fanfiction' things are hilarious.  The reason why is that they always have the 'Be Original' chapter.  What's funny is that the rest of the chapters are rules about what you can and can't do.  Don't have them look like someone else, be related to someone with a backstory, or join Akatsuki.  They can't look like this, act like this, or be a bijuu.  They can't date this one, but they could date that one, and no, they are not friends with this one.  There are only so many people on a team, no exceptions.  Your OC can't change things just by being there and Akatsuki don't live in a base (Even though they actually do... Naruto Hiden: Sha no Sho, Akatsuki teams get two single rooms to sleep in.).  But remember, Be Original.  After all, this is fanfiction, so don't just leave it the way it was.

__________________________________________

 I'm still a bit... off.

I act the same as I ever did, but it just feels wrong.

Like I'm doing something I normally wouldn't.

Is that because I was revived?

I should be dead, so anything else is weird?

Whatever the case, Amari can tell.

As soon as she walks into the room, I know she can feel it.

She can't see me, but she can scent that I'm there.

"Woman. You've returned from your trip."

I'm looking out the window, trying to watch the sand.

"I have."

She walks over to the table, getting herself some food.

"Are we staying here, then?"

I hardly hear her moving.

"Yes."

That's good, it'll be easier to teach her to move silently.

"Good. And your hectic emotions regarding my father have been dealt with?"

Try finding any other two year old who will say 'hectic' on their own.

"They have. They will no longer disturb you, sweetheart."

She smirks softly, I can almost feel it.

"So long as the two of you keep it down, they won't."

...Am I being teased about sex by my two year old daughter?

Really?

...I can't decide what I should feel.

Embarassed she knows about it, proud she's smart enough to understand it, or just horrified.

"So you're aware of... that."

I'm not just going to say it out loud...

"My dear uncle left his books lying about. Shinrai-Oji-san read them to me."

So Shinrai knows too, then?

This is just going from bad to worse...

"I don't think he fully understood what they were implying, though. You should make him smart."

Okay, so maybe it's not quite as bad as it could be...

But still.

Kankuro.

"He is smart. You're just smarter. That's just how it is, I can't do anything about it."

She snorts softly in dissatisfaction.