Chapter 14: Engagement Part 3

Dear readers sorry that this chapter came out later than usual. But the reason was because I was lying behind in my studies and I needed to hurry catching up with the others. So, I've studied to the point were I considered suicide. However what kept me alive was that I needed to keep writing this light novel and that's why I've come back from hell and have written this chapter.

Hope you enjoy it. 

♕~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~♕

(Lucinda's POV)

I sat on his lap eating tart...

while he discussed and gave out orders to his men

while he discussed and gave out orders to his men. Nobody noticed something was wrong because Aleksei used his powers to control the sound of the battle so it didn't reach this room. He truly was such a sly person to take quietly care of his enemies. Something that I could tell really did make him excited because of his growing bulge. This bastard... Once we're alone I'll show him not to tease me like this in public.
– Kill him, he told general Ren who only nodded and walked out.
– Really you're going to kill him on our engagement day? Isn't he your brother? Shouldn't you at least spare him?
– Hmmph! What brother? That kind of thing can not even be called brother anymore. He dared to go rebel against me and most of all he dared to try and even take your life! That kind of thing doesn't deserve to be called "brother" anymore. He deserves to die!
With that he hugged me tighter and nestled his nose into my neck. His hands stroked my waist until they decided to get a bit higher up... This obsessed person, really! I pinched his hands.
– Alexei, don't forget we have guests, an anime vein symbol appeared on the side of my head.
He didn't fight against me and muttered:
– Who cares? This woman really, really is too cruel...

I pinched again but this time even harder and he growled in pain.

– Says the person who's about to kill his own brother. Hypocrite!

– What brother? That thing is no longer my brother since he dared to try hurt you!
I looked at him and my left eyebrow rose:

– You know... You and your brother are very similar.
– Yeah, right? Name one simile between us two.
– Well, for one thing... You two both fight over a woman, and I nodded towards the direction were that little looks-like- an-innocent-rabbit where.
She was dancing with the young scottish lord while her husband was sitting and drinking glasses of wine after another. 
– You only need to say and I'll gladly take her head! he said through gritted teeth.
– No, I'll take care of her myself, I said with a hard face and rose up from his lap.

I walked towards the dancing couple not feeling sorry that I interrupted their dance.
– Can we talk, Emily? 
Her face paled so she probably had a thought about why I would want to talk with her. But she nodded and followed me towards the balcony. 

– Are you not satisfied with your life? I asked her coldly and she paled even more. What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? I smirked.
Now her face reddened and she slapped me. It wasn't a bad slap either.
– My life is ruined because of you! she yelled into my face. If you hadn't forced me into marrying with Erik I could have lived happily with Roman! It's all your fault!
– Is that so? But even if it was my fault it doesn't give you a reason to send your so called lover and kill me. Couldn't you just have divorced Erik if you were unsatisfied?
– SHUT UP! You know nothing at all, then her lips turned into a smile. You know nothing about love.
– Right... And you do? I snorted and left her to her own thoughts and went back inside.