Women games and first meeting

Kayal's POV

Sunday is always an amazing day for me. Today, in the morning I prepared Aapam (Similar to pan cakes made with rice and white lentils batter) and Jaanu made Thengai Paal(Coconut milk) and an Andhra Style Kuruma (Gravy made with coconut milk and vegetables) to go with it. After running yes, not jogging to give it to Salim, I returned to our room. Only few minutes were left for his prayers, so I ran down to give it to him. We skip jogging on Sundays. So, I slept again. When I woke up I saw Sara chatting with John in Skype. I wanted to sleep for some more time, but I wasn't comfortable thinking that John might be able to see my sleeping pose. So, I got up, made a messy bun and left to stand in front of the laptop. I was decently clothed with a Kurta and Pyjama. Jaanu was sleeping in the other corner away from the laptop.

I spoke with John, "John , why don't you take Sara outside today? She is feeling extremely bored."

John now gave a confused expression, "I offered to take her out Kayal, but she was the one who refused to come saying she has a lot to study."

I now spoke with Sara in Malayalam(Sara's mother tongue), "Sara mol, this guy is too innocent, he doesn't even know the rules of this game."

Sara said, "You think so?"

I replied, "I know so".

John now cleared his throat, "Excuse me, I am right here. What are you talking about?"

I spoke with John, "I was telling her that you are too innocent and naïve to understand women."

John was giving me a lost look, "Is that supposed to be a complaint or compliment?"

I replied, "That is for Sara to tell you. But as a friend, let me teach you a simple lesson about women. If they say they want something, it means they want it. If they say that they don't want something, it means they definitely want it. So, when Sara rejected your offer to take her out, you should have insisted and made her accept your offer. Got it?"

John hastily replied, "Yes. Yes. I got it."

I now gave a cheeky grin, "Okay both of you continue, I am leaving."

Only when I moved a little, I saw Salim in his chair. It seems he was reading the Holy Quran. I felt something was missing. It took me a moment to realize what was it? I texted Salim about it in our group and left to get ready. Today I had planned to visit British Council Library.

British Council Library was amazing. I had some wonderful time there. I took an auto to return to my college. As soon as I got out from the auto in front of my campus, I saw a middle aged man fighting with an Auto Driver of another Auto. He was with his family. His wife must be around my mother's age. He also had a son who might be slightly younger than me and a daughter who must be elder than me by two or three years. I assumed that they must be Salim's family from their Tamil facial features. I got near that Auto. Raju Bhai was the auto driver. 

I spoke with Raju Bhai, "Bhaiya, it seems they are Salim Ali's parents from Tamil Nadu. He is now your regular customer. So, you should offer some discount to his parents, right?"

He laughed at me and said to Salim's father, "Okay, Okay Sir. Since your son is a regular customer of mine, I will take whatever you give me."

Salim's father gave some money to Raju Bhai. I was about to walk away with a polite smile when Salim's father spoke with me. "I am Dr. Mohammed Basheer. How did you identify us as Ali's family?"

Why is he surprised? "Good afternoon Sir. I am Kayal. I guess it's easy to identify Tamilians for me. I am from Chennai. Salim is the only other Tamilian in this campus. So, I assumed you must be his family."