Chapter 9

"Will?" I whispered. He was standing in front of me. He looked very tired. "Freya I... I needed to keep you safe." He said. I came closer to him. "You should leave. Its not safe." I said. He didn't move he just stared at me. "I'm going to turn myself in. I'm tired of running." I was shocked. He couldn't do that. Something inside of me felt sad.

"No! No you didn't do anything wrong! You're a good person. No one will understand." I yelled softly, then I heard footsteps upstairs. I turned back of me to the staircase, hearing footsteps. "Freya? Are you in the kitchen?" Yelled Aunt Vickie from the stairs.

"Yeah I'm okay just getting water." I was hoping she wouldn't come downstairs. "Okay." Then I heard a door close.
I sigh with relief until I turned my head back to Will and he was gone. I looked at the door opened and a stack of letters of the table. These were Will's letters to me. I took them with me to my room.

*Will's POV*
I jumped over the fence before the security system turned on. I went over , running to the car. My mind felt dizziness, like I hit a brick wall or it was empty.

I wish I could see Molly but she might hate me. I can't risk to see her. Have fun in prison, William. Thinking about what Hannibal said. I had to call Jack and tell him the truth. I ran for 2 hours until I find the phone booth. I looked at the yellow pages, finding Crawford, Jack -FBI agent.

I dialed the numbers as fast as I could. I looked around not seeing Freya or Hannibal. Good. "Agent Crawford speaking. This must be a important reason to wake me up." He mumbled. I stammered and couldn't speak.

"Hello?" He said again. "Its- Will. Jack its me." I said. "Will? Huh? Where are you? Are you okay?" He stammered. "I don't know! Its complicated b-b-but just p-please help Freya. Hannibal is after her and he will kill her. You know his ways and... I can help you find him if I don't get arrested. I didn't do nothing wrong, please trust me." I begged him.

I felt something was wrong. Everything was weird. I had a flashback when I killed Abigail's dad. Blood in my hands. I called out Jack's name when I didn't hear him.

"Yeah I'm here. Wait.... so Hannibal is after Freya? Why?" He asked. I explained to him what happened when Freya found us. How Hannibal made her promise but then she didn't want to be part of the secret.

"So Hannibal wants her dead for that? Look I'll talk with the crew but I don't think you'll get out of trouble like that. Come to the station later. Bye." He hung up.
I looked around the phone booth outside.

Something didn't feel safe. I got out of there and ran back to the car.

*Freya's POV*
I was reading the letters one by one in order. The first one was my favorite.
Dear Freya,
When you read this, I want to say I'm so sorry that I let you be in danger. Its my fault I let you get hurt. I also wanted to say sorry if the kiss I gave you was inappropriate. I'm 24 and your 17 and it was so wrong. I hope you get better. I found a abandoned house which is in good condition and a car. I'm safe for now but Hannibal might find me. I need to distract him from you. I love you. I really love you Freya. You caught my heart and I don't think I will see you again but I'm righting just in case. Be careful and also your Aunt. I'm going to Colorado springs for now. -Will

I was tired from reading them. I saved the last one for later. When I woke up again, I went downstairs for breakfast. "How was sleep?" Asked Vickie. "Good and safe." I shrugged. Then we heard a knock on the door. I answered it and it was Agent Crawford. Shit really? Why? I thought.

"Good morning Freya. May I speak with your Aunt?" He asked. I showed him to their kitchen. "Mr. Crawford? I thought you were done with the interviews?" She asked him. "I know but can I ask her some others by herself. Freya can we go outside?" He looked back at me and I said yes.

I was tired and scared. Did Will tell Crawford?! Did he turn himself in?! My heart was racing. "What is it?" I questioned. "Will called me in the middle of the night and told me. I know he was there with Hannibal but didn't hurt you, correct?" He had his pad out. "Yes. I probably should tell you. I didn't know they were wanted. Honest to God. I swear. I was forced by Hannibal to bring them foods and clothes and keep the secret. I couldn't ask questions." I said.

"You couldn't or didn't want to?" He said. "Couldn't. Then when it came up that I couldn't keep doing what Hannibal wanted, Will was nice to not threaten me. Hannibal did. Will is a good person." I told him the full truth of what happened. He wrote everything down.

"Well. I need to discuss it with people and I will let you know what will happen. Thanks for tell me. Uh I should tell you what happened with Will." He said. I crossed my arms and waited.
"Will came by the station. Injured. We took him to the hospital and we have him police watched. He may be charged." I was shocked. Will is innocent. "What? No no! He didn't hurt me. He was forced by Hannibal. Will was protecting me from him. What is he going to be charged for?" I asked worriedly. "For running. He hid from police and fake his identification number. He might even go to the mental institute. I can't say what the court will do. Right now, detectives are asking questions." He said softly.

That was so dumb for charging him for running for his life. He was in danger. I had no words for that moment. I looked away from him thinking what I could do. "Hannibal. What about him?! He is still out there, spying on me 24/7. What's going to happen to me?" I looked back at Crawford. "I'll have policemen on watch around the house and property. For now, that's what all we could do. I have to go. Stay inside, locked the doors and stay near your aunt." He gave me his card and left. I stayed outside of the backyard and looked by the trees. Fucking Hannibal might be watching me now. Don't show fear. Stay alert. I went back inside and acted normal around my Aunt.