Candle Cove

This story starts off with a forum thread that talks about an old children's show from the '70s, which was about a little girl who imagined herself to be friends with pirates. The show had some controversy because, during one particular episode, it showed every character screaming for the whole duration of the episode. All they did was literally stand in one place and scream, while the little girl moaned and cried like she had been going through hours of this. As memories of the show were shared back and forth between the commenters on the thread, it became clear that beneath the show's "cute" and low-budget appearance, there was something dark and disturbing.

By the end of the comments section, it was implied that the show was much more sinister than a half-remembered childhood memory. One particular memory that really stood out was the main villain of the show, a skeletal character called the "Skin-Taker." Apparently, his mouth slid back and forth instead of opening and closing. A commenter even recalled that when the little girl asked him about his mouth, the Skin-Taker ignored her, looked directly at the camera, and responded, "To grind your skin."As it turns out, one of the commenters got curious about the legitimacy of the show, so he asked his mother if she remembered a '70s kid's show called Candle Cove. She was genuinely surprised that he remembered it. Apparently, he would ask her for permission to watch it, and then proceed to tune the television to static to watch dead air for 30 minutes.

Creds to: listverse.com