2.The Cousin

Hanabusa’s P.O.V.

I heard lord Kaname’s voice, but he was speaking to someone, I was sure of it. I went out my room and I saw a door on the end of the hall being shut. Suspicious…that room hasn’t been used in like…ever. I also saw someone yesterday carrying in a large bed and closet and stuff…I’m also sensing two unknown people here. One’s sent was more of Kaname’s sent than any other. A pureblood? I don’t believe this! And the other…it’s a human… I ran to the room and opened the door. I was immediately greeted by stares of two girls. The one had long dark brown hair and the same coloured eyes. The other had short and more of chocolate coloured hair and same colour eyes. I recognized the one with the darker hair as the pureblood.

“Who are you two?” I asked. They both looked to each other then back at me. The pureblood stepped forward and wrote something on a whiteboard, then showed it to me.

Sophia Kuran. Kaname Kuran’s cousin. Pureblood.’ My eyes widened. I don’t believe this.

“Lord Kaname has a cousin?! And why aren’t you talking? Who’s the human?” Sophia sighed then wrote again.

‘Yes. Mute. And this is Lisa, she’s deaf. Together we communicate with the world. Can’t live without one another.’ The whiteboard was full and as soon as I was finished reading she continued writing. ‘Permission given for her to join nightclass. See her as my sister. Protect her. Orders from Kaname and I.’ She put the whiteboard down. I scratched my forehead. A mute pureblood and her sister, a deaf human. I walked out, not looking back. I’m really not feeling myself. Way to early awake. I went back to bed.

Sophia’s P.O.V.

That was like the weirdest experience of my life. I didn’t catch his name…

‘What now Lisa?’ I signed to her.

‘Pack out, sleep.’ She signed back. I shrugged. I guess that can work, we do have class tonight, or morning…hmm not yet so quite sure…And we did just that. We packed out and changed into gowns. We checked the time. It’s only 3PM. We have like 7 hours to sleep. I rolled my eyes and got into bed with Lisa. She was already asleep. I smiled and held her close. Humans fall asleep rather quickly. We fell asleep together, and 5 hours later, Lisa woke up. I got shaken awake by her and groaned and just rolled over. I wanted to say ‘five more minutes’ but that’s impossible so I held out my one hand, showing five fingers. Lisa groaned and pushed me out the bed, my face falling first onto the wooden floor. I jumped up, rubbing my temples. I wanted to scream so badly, but I can’t. I never got used to net speaking like others, even though I was born like this, and exclamations marks and caps aren’t satisfying enough for me. I slowly stood up and saw two nightclass uniforms on the desk plus a little box. I walked closer and picked it up. Medicine? No, these are blood tablets. I forgot about that little detail….I groaned out and took the one uniform and quickly got changed. Lisa smirked and did the same as well. I examined myself in the mirror. I look good in white. Then I felt someone playing with my hair. Lisa was weaving my long hair. I took a blood tablet and threw one down my throat. When she was done I pulled my hand over it. She could be a professional. Then I looked to Lisa and my mouth fell open. No one except Lisa can pull that look off in a school uniform. It’s now 9PM, one hour more before classes start. We started packing my stuff. Books, pencils, pens, whiteboard, marker and the tablets. My thirst for blood isn’t as strong as any other and I can keep it in for a long time, but for, you know…in case. I’ve never drunk Lisa’s blood, and I never will. That’s absolutely one thing I will never ever do! She’s practically my sister! We can’t live without each other and we don’t get into fights, so if I drink her blood…no. Lisa started poking me and signalled me to follow her. We walked down the hall and stopped at the railing where we could see the entire nightclass bundled down stairs with Kaname giving a speech. He looked up at us and smiled. Smiled!

“Sophia…Lisa…we’re about to leave. You ready?” We nodded and made our way downstairs. Kaname is actually smiling at us; I guess he steamed off or something. We went to stand in front of him. He nodded and turned around. We followed him outside, but of course, not after receiving stares from the entire nighclass. We both stood on either sides of Kaname, and then the rest of the nighclass following behind. I could feel their stares. On me, but even more on Lisa. When we stepped outside, I could already see the riot of girls at the entrance. And there were the two guardians who tried to push them away. We kept walking to the gates, and when they finally opened, all the girls scooted to make way for us. It’s pretty cool actually. We walked through them, feeling all eyes on me and Lisa. Girls I could feel are jealous because we’re this close to Kaname. But I felt one practically stare I didn’t like. It was from one of the guardians, a silwer head. He kept staring at me. It feels really awkward, but his eyes quickly fell onto Lisa and he scowled. Does he know about Lisa? Wait, this sensation…vampire. Kaname touched my shoulder and forced me to look at him while we’re walking. His eyes said it all. ‘Don’t you dare’.  I nodded and continued looking forward. He took his hand off my shoulder and continued as well. We received a few stares but what the hell. Now I wonder…does the rest of the nightclass know that silwer head is a vampire? Probably not... After a while all the girls disappeared as we entered the building and went to class. I’m just really grateful that we didn’t have to introduce ourselves in front of people. Now I just hope that the teacher writes a lot of notes, otherwise I’ll have to explain everything to Lisa.