Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was one of May's favourite holidays. She loved the excitement before Christmas. Obviously she preferred Christmas Day but Christmas Eve was still pretty close. I actually have her order of preference kept in a box with more of her stuff.

My Top 5 Order of Preference (Holidays)

1) Christmas (25th of December) - I love spending time with my twin on Christmas along with darling Kiki and of course Calum too. Oh and Mom and Dad obviously! It's just great to all celebrate something together for all of us and not like a birthday when it's aimed for one or two people in particular.

2) My Birthday (10th of May) - I love sharing a birthday with July and having a laugh with her. We don't really fight over sharing a birthday and it's great to feel important for one day a year. One day a year where you are the one who everyone is celebrating for. And although some people prefer to experience it alone, I for one, would rather share the experience with July, someone I really care about and love.

3) The New Year (1st of January) - I love the chance to start fresh and fix mistakes that you've made over the last year. It is a day to move on but reflect. And I love spending it with July, since Mom and Dad don't love it so much.

4) Christmas Eve (24th of December) - I love the excitement of the day before Christmas, it is the time when the last bit of preparing is done. I don't really do anything with my parents but July and I have our own traditions! It's great to have a day of excitement before the day you're excited for, because if we didn't have that then we wouldn't be excited for the next day would we?

5) Halloween (31st of October) - This ones pretty simple, I just love having a reason to spend time with family in a different way, if that makes sense? Well it does to me anyways! And of course, it's so funny hearing July and Calum scream when me and Kiki scare them both!

List by May Summers

And we did have traditions for Christmas Eve. We would open one present each, we would watch a movie in a fort we would build, we would write Christmas stories to be told the next day, we would bake Christmas cookies and have a girls night with the usual sleepover stuff with Christmassy twists. So this year I felt empty. It was my first ever Christmas Eve without May. Not to mention that tomorrow would be my first Christmas without May, She loved Christmas and she loved Christmas Eve.