True Blood (One Direction Vampire)

After writing a few other stories, I realized how much I missed writing about vampires! :) So, this is my new story! It is based off the TV show True Blood and I used some of the ideas, but changed the characters. I hope you all enjoy this!

Song: Bad Things by Jace Everett 

~Carly <3

Victoria’s POV

In other news, vampire and human marriage has just been legalized in the state of Vermont. While riots break out among anti-vampire activists, police are trying to calm the crowds of people. Do you support vampire rights? Or should we stake them when we have the chance?

I scowled at the woman on NBC before turning off the news in a huff. Ever since vampires revealed themselves to humans in demand of peace between races, the country has been divided. Most of the people in the south think vampires are an abomination. Here in Bon Temps, Louisiana, the citizens aren’t happy about vampires, but most of them just glare instead of trying to kill them.

Part of the vampires’ attempt for peace has been the product called Tru-Blood. This is a synthetic blood drink that vampires can survive on so they don’t need to feed on humans. I’ve heard it’s pretty close to the real thing.

Me? I’ve never encountered a real vampire, but I hope to soon.

*------------------------*

The bar where I waitress was filled with the hum of voices as I stepped in for my shift. A few men at the bar eyed me disgustingly.

‘It’s a shame she ain’t dating anyone. What I wouldn’t do to-’

I shook my head to clear out the sick man’s thoughts. Did I forget to mention that I can read minds? Only my dear family and friends know about it, given that I’ve been able to do it since I was a toddler.

“Hey Tori!” the bartender greeted as he poured someone another beer.

“Hi Liam,” I smiled politely at my boss. “How are you?”

“Busy,” he huffed. “It’s like we’re the only restaurant in Louisiana.”

“More like the only one without vamps,” I sighed.

A loud crash from the kitchen caught my attention and I smiled at the cook, Lucy, as she fought with a waiter.

“I really should fire her,” Liam chuckled from beside me. “But she’s the best cook in Bon Temps.”

I giggled before grabbing my apron and pen, skipping over to a table.

“Hello, I’m Tori,” I smiled. “What can I get you tonight?”

*______________________*

My shift was almost over when the front door opened and the bar went silent. I whipped around to find a man casually strolling towards a table. His skin was paler than anything I’d ever seen, but his blue eyes were piercing from across the room. His short, brown hair was styled perfectly.

It was a vampire.

My heart rate picked up as I noticed that he was in my section. I quickly scurried over to his table, trying to ignore the voices flitting through my head.

‘How dare he come here.’

‘Wonder if he’ll bite me.’

‘He’s so hot.’

‘Disgusting creature.’

I glared at a few faces for their thoughts before turning to face the beautiful man.

“Hey, I’m Tori,” I smiled. “What can I get you?”

“Do you have any of that Tru-Blood stuff?” his eyes scanned my face.

“We do,” I nodded. “What blood type?”

“O negative,” he grinned.

“I’ll get that right away,” I turned on my heel.

My pounding heart impaired my hearing as I smiled to myself. I just spoke to a real vampire!

After grabbing the Tru-Blood from the fridge, I returned to the front room to find his booth empty.

“Liam?” I called. “Did you see where the vampire went?”

“He just left with Mr. and Mrs. Elridge,” he looked up briefly.

“Oh no,” I breathed, grabbing the baseball bat from the back room and sprinting out the front door.

“Tori!” Liam yelled after me. “Victoria Hayes!”

I stopped running halfway down the dirt road and listened carefully for nearby minds.

‘We need to hurry before the cops find us!’

‘I just need another dose; just one more and we can sell the rest!’

My feet carried me into the woods where the thoughts were coming from. The couple was facing away from me, the vampire lying in front of them on the ground covered in silver. His fangs were visible, his skin sizzling from the metal. Tubes connected to his arms were transporting his blood into multiple bags.

He caught my gaze and I put a finger to my lips, signaling him to be quiet. I raised the bat before bringing it down hard on the man’s skull.

Mr. Elridge dropped to the ground like a rock, unconscious.

“You stupid bitch!” the woman flicked out a knife.

I quickly hit her in the stomach and grabbed the knife while she coughed.

“Get out of here,” I ordered.

“We’ll get you back for this!” she yelled, dragging her unconscious husband away.

As soon as they were out of hearing range, I dropped to my knees and began to remove the silver.

“Careful!” he hissed.

“Sorry!” my cheeks flushed. “Why did they do this?”

He grunted as I removed the needles from his arms. “Vampire blood is like a top brand of heroin. Any you can find is being sold at top price. It’s also good for healing.”

“So it makes you high?” I asked.

“And very strong for a few hours,” he sat up, brushing off his clothes.

“Wait a second,” I paused, noticing the silence. “I can’t hear you!”

“Excuse me?” he looked amused.

“Oh….um,” I stammered. “Nothing.”

The vampire was suddenly inches from my face, his form pinning mine to a tree.

“What are you?” he asked, holding my face.

“I’m Tori Hayes,” I gulped. “I’m a waitress. What’s your name?”

“Louis,” his eyes stared deeply into mine. “Louis Tomlinson.”

I pushed myself away from the tree and sat on a nearby rock, crossing my legs.

“Aren’t you afraid to be out alone at night with a hungry vampire?” he smirked.

It was then that I noticed how Louis’ fangs were still extended.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)