Chapter 4

I am really loving writing this story! Thank you to anyone taking the time to read it; I appreciate it so much! 

Song: Diane Young by Vampire Weekend 

~Carly <3

Victoria’s POV

Harry picked himself off the ground, dusting off plaster stuck to his jeans. His sharp green eyes locked on my frozen form and he smirked.

“She’s yours?” Harry drawled. “If you had actually made a claim, she would absolutely reek of your scent.”

“Claim?” I squeaked out.

“Oh, he hasn’t told you?” Harry edged towards the door. “I’m sure Louis’ just afraid you’ll run for the hills once you find out.”

“Get out Harry,” Louis snarled. 

“I’m going, I’m going,” Harry threw his hands up in mock surrender. “You two have a good evening.”

“What the hell was that?” I asked once the front door had closed. 

“Niall and Zayn were called down to talk with Alexander before I could come and find you. Harry seemed to convince Alexander that he would be a perfect guardian until I arrived. I’m sorry if he frightened you.”

“No, I’m alright,” I shrugged. “But now I’m more confused than ever; what’s a claim?”

Louis softly grabbed one of my hands and sat us down on the couch, his cerulean eyes raking over my face. 

“When a vampire falls in love with a human, they make a claim on them to ensure their safety. You keep your natural scent, but ours covers yours as a sort of warning that you belong to someone. It keeps dangerous vampires away because if they were to feed from you without permission or harm you, they could be put to death by the high council,” he explained. 

“And how do you do that?” I asked warily. 

“The only went to our scents to mingle is by a blood exchange,” he sighed.

“So you drink my blood and I drink yours?” I frowned. “Won’t I get hooked on it like the other blood druggies?” 

He chuckled deeply. “No, you only need a small amount for the claim. It’s not a large enough quantity to have any real effect on your body.”

“So….” I coughed awkwardly. “When should we do this?”

“Whenever you feel comfortable,” he brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes. “It’s kind of an intimate thing. When two vampires exchange blood, instead of a claim, it creates a blood bond that links you for eternity.”

“Wow,” my eyes widened. “You guys are really loyal.”

“How has it been,” Louis smoothly changed the subject. “Not having to hear any thoughts for a while?” 

“Amazing,” I sighed. “It’s so nice to have the peace and quiet.”

Louis’ gaze rested on me for a few minutes, a small smile playing on his lips. 

“Thank you,” I suddenly murmured. 

“For what?” his fingers danced up my forearm. 

“Inviting me here,” I explained. “Saving me from that awful town.”

“You didn’t need saving,” he smirked. “You would have gotten out with or without my help.”

My heart swelled with affection at his praise before I leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. As I pulled away, his hands grabbed the back of my head and reconnected the kiss heatedly. I gasped against his mouth and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. My hands blindly scrabbled for purchase as Louis flipped us over so that he was hovering over me on the couch.