One; The Photography Club

There was a distinct clicking noise and a bright flash filled the room.

"Welcome to the Photography Club!"

-

"Psst! Hey, Ryo, hey!" Weary eyes assessed their surroundings, blinking drowsily in an attempt to clear away the haziness of sleep. As bright lights asserted themselves into the view of the aforementioned eyes, a teenage boy, owner of the once again aforementioned eyes, emitted a noise caught somewhere between an average noise of discomfort and a girlish scream.

"Shizuka-kun, is there something that you would like to share with the class? You sounded rather desperate!" The aforementioned boy, owner of the aforementioned eyes, felt a deep red flush crawling up his neck, before settling at his previously pale cheeks. Whilst the blush had been making its way to his face, a snicker had travelled throughout the room, from person to person. It was at that point that the boy noticed that he had been stuttering and gawking foolishly at his teacher's face for a good ten seconds, whilst she waited for his reply.

'Ok, Ryota, you've got this! Make it something short and snappy, but still smart; something to make everyone laugh with you instead of at you. Right, here we go! This is your big chance, Ryota, go out there and show them what you've go-'

"N-No, Shiori-sensei! I'm sorry, Shiori-sensei! It won't happen again, Shiori-sensei!"

'You idiot! What were you thinking?!'

Realising that his response was neither short, snappy, nor smart in the slightest, Ryota proceeded to sink into his chair, grit his teeth in embarrassment, and turn an even darker shade of crimson. He caught the voice of a girl from the Art Club, who was sat several seats behind him, and made the mistake of listening to her voicing the thought that she could use the current colour of his ears in the painting that she was working on. At that, Ryota sunk further into his seat, engulfed in a cloud of shame. It was only the third period of the day, Geography class, and he had already managed to embarrass himself. As the class giggled one final time and the teacher began to turn back to the blackboard, Ryota managed to marginally calm himself.

That was until, of course, the inevitable happened. He had been so stupid to let himself forget.

"Shizuka-kun, please see me after class," Only horror was displayed upon the young boy's face then. The boy beside him, his friend, Minato, took a sharp intake of breath and turned to glance pityingly in Ryota's direction. Shiori-sensei continued to write questions on the blackboard, and the students hastily put their heads down to scribble the answers, attempting to match the quick pace in which their teacher was able to write the questions. Naturally, that was impossible.

As he finished jotting down his last answer, Ryota felt a light tap on his shoulder. A girl with curled green hair tied into twintails passed him a folded piece of paper and smiled warmly. Although he was rather confused, Ryota grinned back at her kindly and took the paper. After taking a few seconds to check that Shiori-sensei's gaze wasn't presently on him, the boy unfolded the notepaper and quickly scanned the words written on it.

You were sleeping through most of the important stuff this lesson, and you seem pretty lost. Would you like me to wait for you after class and give you my notes since it's break time next? I'd be glad to - you seem like a nice guy ^-^

Koharu Hinata

Ryota felt his body relax after reading the note. He had been lost, and he was somewhat grateful that this girl had noticed. She was nice; he'd talked to her in passing, and she seemed to give off an air of positivity. He kept the note held in his hands, but turned to look at the girl over his shoulder, nodding with a smile.