Vaulted Insecurities

I got up and ran my fingers through my hair to elimanate the knots. I looked into the mirror, all my insecurities rushed in like a flood. I would think, my eyes are too brown, im too fat, im too tall those sort of things they got me so upset with myself but I tried to ignore it. My baggy sweater made it easier to hide my chub, and I would never wear a heel in my life, that would be bad I would tower over people.

  I smiled at my reflection, I didnt look that bad its something I always do though to keep me possitive throughout the day, I glossed my lips and headed downstairs. My perfect sister was sitting eating her nutri-grain bar and soy milk. Maybe I would be skinny If I ate like that. But no I went for the coco puffs honestly they were the yummiest cereal alive. I grabbed my backpack waved to my sister and trampled out the door. 

  I knew this was going to be a day like any other. Valerie greeted me giving me a warm smile and a hug, she made me feel like I had less to worry about. Her curls bounced behind her as she told me about how her poem was chosen out of thousands as a winner in the contest. She was so enthusiatic about school that it sometimes scared me. 

  Then he walked by the hottest kid in school, well in my opinion. Damon Reynolds, quarterback with the dashing smile. He smiled towards me and Val, his white teeth seemed to flash. I think my heart just melted. I wish he would give more then a smile, if only I had enough confidence to speak to him..

  Valerie wiped away my thought "Claire..hello Earth to Claire!" I smiled.

"Val Yeah?"

"The bell just rang and you got called beautiful by none other than Jasmine Craig"

Im pretty sure everybody could hear my shrills, not only because I was noticed by her but she actaully said something that wasent mean in the slightest bit. She was beautiful, blonde hair, blue eyes everything that Damon wanted..atleast I thought so.