Sadness

Chapter 5~ Sadness
× I don't own Young Justice. All characters are belong to DC Comics. Thank you ~

_______________________________________________

"Master Richard, It's time for get up! Breakfast is ready and Master Bruce looks like he is going to eat everything!" Alfred said as he grabbed the blanket that covered Richard's body.

"Do I really have to, Alfie?" Asked little bird.

"If you want to eat something before the meeting with The Team and be strong, you have to, Master Richard."

Dick got out of the Big blue bad and went to his bathroom. He had a quick shower. Then he went to his closet and grabbed a Black sweater that had a Batman symbol on it, a dark blue jeans and black Jacket. He wore his amazing looking sport shoes.

As Richard walked in the kitchen, he saw Bruce smiling towards him.

Never listens to me, but pretends to care about me, huh? Dick fake-smiled to Bruce.

"Hey, chum! What are you doing?" asked Bruce. He had a suit because he was going to Wayne Tech. before Mount Justice with Richard.

"Uh, sitting down on the chair so I could eat?" Dick answered with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Oh, yeah! If you wouldn't eat anything, you wouldn't be ready for training with the team, right Dickie?" Bruce put his best smile he could ever do.

"Yeah, whatever..." said Dick with a frown on his face and sat down on the chair which was at the end of the table. Far away from Bruce.

Bruce immediately noticed his son's frown and his tone. That made him sad because Dick still didn't forgive him and probably the team, either.

"Dick, What's wrong?" He played dumb so he could get answers from him easily.

But it just made things worse.

"What Happened?! What happened to you, Bruce?! You are the one who never listens! So what happened to you? Did you bump your head into the wall hard enough to realize it? Or are you still pretending? Just like you always did..." Dick yelled at the end like he was holding it inside him for a while, he actually held it...

Bruce expected that, so he got up and walked towards Dick. Wrapped his arms around him and...

Wait... was Dick dreaming? Or Bruce was seriously hugging Dick after his yelling at him... at the Freaking BATMAN?!

"I know and I am sorry. I know you won't forgive me for a long time but still, you are my little son and I was seriously wrong. I should have listened. I am sure the team thinks the same way I do. At least... at least I want to say that I love you, son. No matter how much we fight and I am the responsible, I know you love me too. Am I wrong?" Bruce said.

Dick was in tears now. He never heard him say those things before. It made Dick, feel worried about Bruce. He never apologized to Dick with a cuddles like this.

Bruce would always say that he is sorry. But never like this.

This was first...

"Dick?" after a long silent treatment, Bruce asked his blue-eyed angel son.

"I-I have t-to get r-ready for the M-Mount J-Justice..." Dick answered with tears running down his cheeks. He pulled himself out of the hug and started to walk away.

At the door frame, he turned around and looked at Bruce, who was having a little hard moment to calm himself down before he would cry, too.

"And B-Bruce?" When he heard his name, Bruce jerked his head up and saw Dick, looking at him.

"Yes, chum?" He said in a sad tone.

"No."

Bruce looked at him confused and finally asked.

"No, what?"

Dick smiled and sniffed. Then he whispered something.

Something that Bruce wouldn't ever forget. For his entire life, Bruce had heard Dick telling his this every time after a bad mission. But it was different...

"About you are being wrong. No you aren't wrong. You are right. I love you too, dad." He said.

After a while, Dick laughed at his father's face. Bruce was looking at him like he was angry angel or a fairy... He walked towards Bruce and hugged him again. It was The best day after the mission. He wanted to tell this to Wally, later. Oh, wait!

Yeah, Wally... The team...

A frown appeared on Dick's face again. Bruce knew what was the reason.

"Go to bed. We can stay at home while they do hero stuff... You know, we work hardest. We need breaks. And I have an excellent idea! When I get back from Wayne Tech, what about a cinema check and an ice cream stop?" He said.

And that's made Dick's frown go away. He smiled widely and hugged his father harder now.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you..." It went go on until he thanked for a good twenty times. Bruce patted his head and kissed his forehead.

"Now, back to bed. Or no cinema or no ice Cream, got that?" He said with a hard tone in his voice.

"Yes, sir! I'll never get out of this bed until you come, sir!" Dick yelled like a soldier. They looked at each others eyes and they both laughed hard enough to end up on the Wayne Manor's kitchen floor.

Bruce winked at Dick and went to grab his black Range Rover's keys. He got in the car and drove away.

Dick went to bed as he promised and he was asleep after fifteen minutes. He couldn't wait until Bruce come Home so sleep was the best choice. After all he was tired too.

They both didn't realize that Alfred was in the kitchen's back side, watching the father-son. He smiled as they both laughed. When he went to check on Richard, he found little boy asleep.

After four hours, it was noon and Bruce woke Dick up with tickling him. They both went to the cinema and watched the new detective movie. Father and son solved all of the problems in the movie before the detective in the movie.

Then they went to the ice-cream shop. Ate in happy faces. They laughed at smiled all the time. Dick almost forget everything happened before.

Almost...

When they got home back, Bruce said they will go to the cave in the morning.

So, Dick went to bed. He didn't have to patrol with Bruce tonight. He had bad thoughts for the meet.

He had a nightmare about his friends. They were betraying Dick and yelling at him about the mission.

He woke up soon and calmed himself down. After a while, he started to think about it.

He would forgive the team, maybe. But would the team forgive him?

Then he had that question coming over his mind.

What would they do if he died? Would they cry, smile?

Dick didn't feel Alright after a beautiful day. So he immediately went back to sleep.

____________________________________

×It doesn't end soon. It will be more broken Promises and action. I am too busy this times and I am a 7th grade student.

1,203 words

TO BE CONTINUED...