4. Bad?

"You can't lie in the same tent with her!" Andrea shouts in anger as she walks back and forth in my room. While I am lying on my bed watching her. She can't shut up, but that is nothing new. Her mouth was moving like that since she was born, and maybe a little before that.

"Are you even listening?" She yells, which makes me fall face down on the bed.

"What?" I ask as I look up fast again. She rolls her eyes, her whole face with fury.

"Why not?" I yawn, because I am so tired of listening to her for about an hour now.

"Because she is..."
"Bad?" I say and hit my face down on the bed again. I have heard that word so many times now that I wish I could find a way to take that word out of the dictionary, or maybe I should just burn the whole thing. It might make her stop talking, forever.

"Yes, she is, remember?" I roll my eyes as I watch my annoying cousin again.

"I told you, she made someone end up on the hospital and..."

"Yeah, Yeah." I wave my hand in the air. Then rub my eyes as I sigh of irritation.

"Jamie, I mean it!" She points at me and her eyes are wide.

"Stay away from her!" Andrea yells and then step out the door, shutting it so hard that I could feel the vibration in the bed.

"Okay, that ended well." I smile, because she left. There can't be anyone as exhausting as she can be. Andrea's words mean nothing to me. I like Dandy, and my cousin or anyone else is not going to ruin that.

Dandy and I am not even close friends or anything like that. Still, she is the only one I know and like. It is a very judgmental school that I have started at. They watch her scared and by the look of it, she knows. How could she not? I mean they avoid her and keep a big distance in the hallways. No one talks to her, expect me and it's all just sad.

I think she needs someone to speak with or someone that is speaking with her. Which I am trying to do, but it is a little hard when it is only a one-way street and that she is staring too intensely. It feels like she is studying me, very closely. As if, she is looking for something.

There is not much to find, but okay. Is it weird to say that I kind of like it? She watches me, and only me. I don't think there is anything that could take her attention away from me. Not even if a train came through the wall.

I jump out of the bed and start packing. Most of my cloths are still in the boxes on the floor. I am too lazy and I don't really care to clean it up. Mom is complaining, and so does Andrea, but who the hell cares what she thinks? My room can look as messy as I want it to. I guess that is why I can't find anything I can use tomorrow.

"MOM!" I shout. If there is one thing moms are good at, it is finding stuff. Not like that is the only reason I want her here. I need food too. No, I am not heartless. I love her.

"Yes, honey?" She smiles as she comes in the door.

"Do you know where my warm clothes are?" I ask, itching my head as I am sitting on the floor looking around the sea of boxes.

"The one where is it stand's cloths on." She says rolling her eyes, and I stand up walking around. Trying to find it, but I can't see it.

"Mom." I say in frustration and she rubs her forehead with her hand. Then point at the box behind me.

"Oh." I chuckle. It might be all the talking from Andrea, that has made my brain go numb. I look through the box finding most of what I need. A jacket and warm sweater and pants.

I checked the weather for tomorrow and of course, it is going to rain. Just my luck. I thought about skipping, but then there would be a lot of talking going around. Most of all I want to get a little better known to Dandy. This is a very big shot for me to do so, and I am not going to throw it away. Just because of some rain.

We are going to sleep in the same tent, and we can't get more known to each other than that. My biggest goal is to make her at least say one word. Well, my hopes are a little higher than that. I want her to say a whole sentence, or maybe more.

"I heard Andrea yelling up here. Is everything alright?" She asks as she moves through my maze to sit down on my bed.

"Yeah," I say as I fold my clothes.

"She is just angry that I am not going to share a tent with her." I say and sigh. It's not my fault that she can't make that mouth of hers shut close.

"Oh, so you have made a friend?" She smile bright watching me very excited, which makes me roll my eyes.

"No, not really. I mean, I like her, but she is very, very hard to get through." I explain, and she watches me confused.

"She does not talk and she stares a lot, but she is very kind." I smile, but the confusion does not leave my mother's face.

"Dandy is complicated, but the good kind of complicated." I say slowly, and she just shrugs.

"Is this the same Dandy we talked about for some few days ago?" She asks, narrowing her eyes.
"Yeah." I say as I get up on my feet to put my clothes in the bag for tomorrow.

"The one that you said Andrea is scared of?" My mother ask. I roll my eyes. I guess she actually paid attention to me that day after all.

"There is no need to be scared of Dandy, she is very kind. She is just misunderstood by the others." I explain here, because it is true. I hope.

"Okay, then." She smiles as she hit her hands on her lap and stand up.

"I hope you have a nice day tomorrow." She says as she crosses my messy room and to the door.

"Yeah, I think so." I say excited. Mom grins and step out the door. I hope everything will be okay. I am little worried about those looks I might get. From my cousin and her friends. Maybe from most, but it's not the only thing that is worrying me. It's them staring at Dandy, like she is a convict.

I feel awful for them doing that to her. She does not deserve that. Well, not so sure, if I am the right one to say that, but still. They do not need to be so rude, to someone they barely know. Dandy deserves someone to see the good sides of her and that is what I am doing. Nothing is going to stop me.