Marine Family

The bullet shot into my front right shoulder, causing me to trip and fall. Bliss fell off my back and I landed on the ground with a thud. My wound started to heal and the bullet popped out of my shoulder. Luca and Alaric ran over to Bliss and me with worried and pissed off looks. I shifted back and felt a horrible pain.

“Ryder take out that sniper!!” I yelled as Alaric took his bandana off and tied it around my arm.

“Some shrapnel is stuck in your arm, try not to move Kate.” Alaric commanded sweetly.

“Rick I love you, …BUT STOP BABYING ME! I have a job to do right now, okay? So please let me do it!” I growled and stood back up.

“Just tell me what to do General.” Alaric spoke with a serious tone.

“You make sure my father stays safe.”

“As you wish. But you stay safe too, okay?”

“I will.” I whispered and gave him a quick kiss.

“All rookies follow me and stay low! You´re in for a hell of a night!” I shouted. Luca and Bliss, my squad and the rookies followed me into deep cover in the woods. The sound of thunder cracked through the sky, followed by lightning.

“I know all of you just got here, but this is the time where you will prove yourselves worthy enough to call yourselves marines. Let´s show the enemy what we are made off! By our strength and bravery, when every supernatural hears the name Marine, they will look back at us and know what we can do! Gentleman I´m proud to call you my soldiers. As General I am proud to call you my family!” Everyone cheered as they all shifted and prepared for battle.

“The terrain is on our side boys! That´s all we need to send these terrorists to the depth of hell!” shouted Luca.

“All of you hold out your right paw and don´t move!” I yelled. Thunder cracked through sky as a bolt of lightning shot down and hit every one of them in their right paw.

Now all of you won´t be effected by mine or Lucas powers. Gentleman…ATTACK!” I ordered and everyone was off. I looked over to Bliss and Luca to see the mocking each other and a smile kissed my lips.

“Katie! It´s your father, he need help!” Alaric through the squad link. I looked over at Bliss and Luca and they nodded. I took off running with Tom and saw red. I killed every enemy that got in my way as I ran into the building where my Dad was. I saw Alaric fighting off the enemy’s as best as he could and knew I had to help. Tom and I jumped and shifted in the air. We landed softly and started killing the enemy. I just pushed past them and ran to my father. The smell of blood filled the air making me even more worried. I busted through the door to see a vampire sucking my Dads blood. I attacked the vampire and killed it with ease. I quickly shifted back and ran over to my father. I picked him up by his shoulders and lay his head on my lap, my eyes started to water as I bit into my wrist and fed him my blood. He just simply pushed my hand away and looked up at me with pain in his eyes.

“Katherine it´s no use. Your blood will not save a human life. It´s my time to go. Don´t mourn over my death, embrace it. Since that day 18 years ago you have made me the proudest father in the world. When you said daddy for the first time I knew right then and there that you would be my pride and joy. When I look at you now, I see a strong and independent woman that will kill or do anything for her loved ones. Katherine I love you with all my heart. … Please forgive me for leaving you so soon. I love you and I am proud to call you my daughter.” He whispered through teary eyes.

“I love you too daddy. … Please don´t leave me!” I cried but it was too late and for the first time in years I cried. I lay my head down on his chest and just cried.

This can´t be happening. … He was not supposed to die! No Katie snap out of it! I shook my head and lay him back on the ground. I kissed his cheek and ran out of the building, killing everything in my way. The only people who didn´t get hurt were my soldiers. I saw the leader of the enemy group and charged after him. He simply smirked at me and attacked.

“It was fun killing your father. The next person to die will be your brother, … and then your mate.” He laughed.

I growled so loud that thunder erupted from my chest. Lightning came down, hitting the man but having no effect. He just smirked as my world went black.