Chapter 37

"Kloss for two please." Karlie said to the hostess.
"Of course, Miss Kloss, right this way." The hostess led her to the table. The restaurant wasn't quite as busy as it was the first night her and Taylor were there. Karlie smiled just thinking of that night when everything was new. Taylor kissed her that night. It changed Karlie's life.

Her thoughts were cut short when she saw the familiar blonde walk over to the table. She was wearing a dress with a rather large coat over it. When Taylor made eye contact with Karlie, she smiled shyly.

"Hey, take a seat." Karlie said, wishing she could say more, but the words just wouldn't come out.
"Thank you." Taylor sat down across from her. Karlie noticed that she looked tired. She can't sleep without me either. Karlie thought.
"You look absolutely stunning, Tay." Karlie couldn't help herself from saying it. Taylor looked up and attempted a smile, but something was wrong. Karlie could tell that Taylor wanted to tell her something, but she was having trouble saying it.

"What's on you're mind?" Karlie asked. Taylor looked up once again to answer her.
"Um...I was just wondering why you wanted to come to dinner."
"Because I missed you and I needed to see you." Karlie responded.
"Oh."
"Oh? You didn't want to see me?"
"No, of course I did. I missed you too."
Taylor looked extremely uncomfortable after she had said that. She seemed almost as if she regretted coming to dinner with Karlie in the first place.

"Karlie?" Taylor asked.
"Yes?"
"Why were you in LA?"
"I just wanted to get out of New York for a little while. I had to get a new phone, by the way, so that's why I wasn't picking up your calls. I ended up getting a modeling job there, but it didn't work out, so I came back here." Karlie said vaguely. Taylor nodded her head.
"Well it's good to have you back."
"What about you? How are you holding up?" Karlie asked the singer.
"Oh, um...I'm okay." Taylor said with uncertainty.
"Are you staying with somebody? I'm assuming that you moved out of your apartment." Karlie was wondering where Taylor was living now.

"Yeah, I moved out and I have a roommate now."
"Oh, cool. What's your roommate like?" Karlie questioned concernedly. She didn't like the idea of Taylor living with someone else.
"Can we not talk about this?"
Taylor was now extremely uncomfortable.
"Talk about what? Your roommate?"
"Yeah."
"Why?" Karlie was confused.
"I just don't want to talk about it right now."
"Um, okay." Karlie said as she picked up the menu. She had never seen Taylor act this insecure. She was definitely hiding something.

The waiter approached their table and the two girls ordered. Karlie asked for red wine and Taylor just stuck with a Diet Coke. After the waiter left the table, Karlie took the chance to admire Taylor's face. She was looking out the window, completely oblivious to the fact that she was being gazed at with all the admiration in the world. Taylor turned her head slightly and noticed Karlie's stare.

"What is it?" She asked.
"Your beauty takes my breath away every time I look at you. It always has and it always will."
Taylor blushed at Karlie's statement and didn't hide her smile like she had been.

"There's that gorgeous grin. That's the Taylor I know."
"What do you mean?"
"You seem a little different, Taylor, that's all."
"Well, it has been four months."
"I know, it's been too long."
Taylor only nodded her head in response.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, nothing is wrong." Taylor said with a small amount of annoyance in her tone.
"Tay, I know you. I know something is wrong."
"Karlie, let's just drop it, please." She begged firmly. Karlie was not happy with how this dinner was going at all.

"Taylor, listen to me. I don't know why you are acting this way. If you're still mad at me for leaving, then I understand, but I know we can get through this. I just want you back. I can't even look at another woman anymore because they aren't you. It's so hard to live in a world where I don't get to call you mine. I love you and I will never stop loving you ever. Please come back to me."
Karlie let her heart out. It felt good to tell Taylor all of those things she had been holding in for months. Taylor didn't look any happier. She looked rather distressed.

"Karlie, I-"
Taylor stopped what she was saying when she felt Karlie's hand grab her own.
"Keep going, I'm listening." Karlie said with a smile. She was trying to be optimistic and hoped that Taylor would want to be with her too.
"My roommate is-"

Taylor was interrupted by the waiter, who brought the food and drinks. Taylor removed her hand from Karlie's. The girls thanked him as he left the table. Neither of them even felt like eating. There was a strong tension between the two girls.
"You were saying, Taylor."
"Oh...um, never mind. It's not important." Taylor said nervously
"You were saying something about a roommate?" Karlie egged on.
"Just, never mind."
"Taylor you are acting so strange. Please just tell me what you were going to say."
"I don't know if I can."
"I just opened my fucking heart up to you, the least you could do is talk to me." Karlie stated pathetically.
"Yes, I know. You're right." Taylor admitted.
"So, your roommate?" Karlie reminded her.
"Um, my roommate is Calvin." Taylor said quickly. She was ashamed of it, Karlie could tell. She was speechless. The person she loved the most was staying with the person she hated the most.

"Karlie? Are you ok?" Taylor asked, snapping Karlie out of thought.
"Oh..uh...yeah. Can I ask why he, of all people, is your roommate?"
"It's a long story." Taylor said dreadfully. Karlie couldn't get her thoughts straight.
"Tell me." Karlie commanded.
"I...don't-"
"Just tell me, Taylor."
"I'm engaged to him."

Karlie almost lost her breath. She wasn't sure if she heard Taylor correctly.
"Wait, you're what?"
"Calvin and I are going to get married." Taylor said without making eye contact.
"No. No you're not. No, you can't do this." Karlie denied. She felt like she was in a nightmare that she couldn't wake up from. The love of her life was with someone else. She wasn't sure how this all could have happened in just four months.

"See, Karlie? This is why I didn't want to tell you. I knew you wouldn't want to hear it."
"HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU?" Karlie shouted, catching the attention of the other customers in the restaurant. They all looked over at Taylor and Karlie's table.
"Karlie, I know you're upset, but you need to keep your voice down." Taylor whispered. Karlie looked around and saw that everyone's eyes were on her. She leaned in closer to Taylor so that she could lower her voice.

"Calvin? Really? I'm so fucking confused. You know he treated me like shit, right? He harassed me when I worked at the coffee shop and he said some very disrespectful and sexual stuff about you. There was never a moment when I didn't want to rip his head off. I can't believe you already moved on, but you're fucking engaged? To Calvin? Taylor, what is wrong with you?"
Karlie could feel her tears burning in her eyes. She was totally devastated. Taylor was the only thing that mattered to Karlie, but she couldn't have her now.

"You think I'm proud of myself? I never wanted this to happen. I'm not really in love with him, but I have no choice, Karlie." Taylor's voice cracked. She shuffled uncomfortably in her seat. Karlie already knew what she was going to say next, but she needed to hear it from Taylor's lips.

"Taylor, what happened?" Karlie asked. Taylor looked down at her lap, she was playing with her own fingers. It was a habit she had when she felt guilty or nervous. When Taylor finally looked up at Karlie, she told her what she had been dreading to tell her the most.
"I'm pregnant, Karlie, and I'm fucking scared out of my mind."

-------------------------------------

A/N:
I
Am
So
Sorry!
I wasn't looking forward to posting this update cause I know that y'all will be pissed. But hang in there!!!!

Thank you for reading!