Chapter 7

Someone jumping on the bed woke me up the next morning. Christina. "You can't sleep your life away. You've got places to go and people to see."

I groaned and looked at the clock. 1:30.

"Geez." I said as I sat up. "Where's Jonathan?"

She shrugged. "He had a meeting today. He said not to wake you, but I figured you don't want to sleep all day."

I nodded. "Thanks."

I got out of bed and went to my closet. I put on work-out clothes, then headed to the workout room for some much needed exercise. My iPod went through my workout play list twice before I stopped working out. Then I took a shower in the godly bathroom.  I was in my undies deciding what I was going to wear when someone came in. I looked over and saw Missy.

She smiled and looked at my clothes. "Nice. Expensive."

I nodded. "I love this room." She nodded in agreement. "So you're my distraction for the day?"

"What are you talking about?" she said innocently.

"Well, Jonathan's at a meeting, apparently. So someone must have sent you over or they wouldn't have let you in the house."

She nodded. "Jon asked me to."

"Since when do you call him Jon?"

She shrugged, "What's wrong with a nickname?"

I shook my head and walked up to her. "You've been communicating with him behind my back, haven't you?" she rolled her eyes. "What do you know? Spill!"

"Nothing. I know nothing."

"Fucking liar."

"About what?"

"Jonathan obviously. You're probably thinking something's going on because he called me and asked me to keep your spoiled ass company!"

I shook my head. "I don't need you to keep me company." I put on a skirt and heels. "I'll keep myself entertained." On with a shirt. "You can leave. I don't need a babysitter."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

So I went to the movies, then to my self defense class. After I was done fighting I was definitely going to be sore tomorrow. My feet even hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a bruise on my stomach tomorrow from the hit I took when I was sparing. I sure learned that lesson today. Hopefully I wouldn't fall for tricks anymore.

Jonathan wasn't home when I got there. Only Christina's car was in the parking lot.

"Where have you been?" She asked with attitude.

"Out." I said. "Who are you? My fucking mother?"

Pain and hunger make me a very mean person.

"Jon's been trying to call you. No one knew where you were."

I rolled my eyes, "Well next time I'll be sure to give you my fucking itinerary."

She took a step back when I snapped at her. "What's your problem?"

I put my bag of sweaty cloths down. "I'm tired." I struggled with my shoes. "I'm hungry." I put the shoes in my bag forcefully. "And I'm in pain." I glared at her. "If you have any more wonderful questions, I'll be in my room."

She waited until I was at the stairs then hollered. "Jon's room."

I took a deep breath, then willed myself up the stairs. I programmed the shower cold so my muscles would relax more as I turned up the heat slowly. I looked at my stomach, it was really red, so it was safe to assume that I would have a bruise there in the morning. I dried off and wrapped a towel around myself. I put my hair in a tight bun before walking into the room. I used Jon's shirt and a pair of spandex shorts for pajamas. It was 11 when I laid on the bed. I didn't even bother getting under blankets. I was so exhausted. I turned on the TV when I couldn't fall asleep. Luckily for me, a chick flick was on, so I settled in to watch that.