Chapter 22 (Zander's P.O.V)

After he gives me a shot, he looks at my leg. It hasn't started healing yet. Not good. I need blood and Clay knows that. "It hasn't started healing, has it?" He asks me. I reply quickly, "yes, it has..," I lie, "just a bit slower than normal..." I didn't want him to give me blood. He looks at me and raises his eyebrow before sighing and holding his wrist out to me.

I look away from it. "I'm fine, Clay," I pause for a moment, "I don't need blood." I don't know why I'm lying to him about that, but he knew it. He grabs me hard by the hair and I scream in pain bafore he shoves his arm towards my mouth. "I know that you are not fine. You are getting pailer by the second and I can see that the blood keeps dripping down your leg, which means that it's not healing," he says in a stern confident voice. I nod, knowing that he's right before he lets go of my hair and I bite down. I feel his blood running over my tongue and down my throat.

His blood is sweet like Tomas's but his has a slightly oakier taste to it. I love the taste. My wound starts to heal but I don't stop. I don't want to stop. Clay holds my hair and slowly moves his arm from my mouth. I wipe away the blood that's dribbling down the sides of my mouth.

My leg is fully healed now. "Thank you for that, but I was fine." I told him. He shook his head and gave me a kiss on the lips. "I can tell when you lie to me, Zander," Clay states. "Now that your better, let's go get Tomas," he says while walking deeper into the woods, towards a shadowed area that looks like a building.