Papa, All By Himself

Kuroo groaned as he pulled himself away from the large bed sheet. He sat at the edge of the bed for a moment, giving himself time to be fully awake. He let out a long yawn and turned around to find another body on the bed, laying still in sleep.

He could barely remember how she looked, or what her name was. He recalled how busy they were just a few hours prior, but felt somewhat dissatisfied with their work. She wasn't as good as he had anticipated. But it didn't matter anymore.

He pushed himself up with a grunt, stirring the body next to him awake. He ignored the small noises she made as he gathered his clothes and pulled them on. "Where are you going?" She asked with a yawn, flipping her hair.

"Home." He replied curtly, fixing his belt.

"So early?" She whined, crawling to him and wrapping her hands around his waist from the back. She planted kisses on his bareback and attempted to unbuckled his freshly made belt from behind. "Why not stay for a little longer? We still have time to work together."

He chuckled, peeling her hands away from himself. "Sorry, sweetheart." He moved away from her, bending over to pick up his shirt and jacket. "But no thanks."

"Don't you want more?" She asked, rolling on her back.

"Once is more than enough." He replied, popping his head out of his shirt. "It's only special if it happens once."

"True," She agreed, stifling another yawn. "You were amazing." She complimented tiredly as she watched him head for the door.

Kuroo turned around and gave her his signature sly grin. "You too," He lied and left the apartment.

*

Kuroo whistled a light tune as he made his way to his front door. Checking himself in the mirror once more, he sighed at his usual bed hair that never seemed to go away. At least he was dressed well.

He swung his car keys in his finger as he approached the door, turning the door knob. He nearly jumped when he almost ran into someone as he swung the door open. He took a step back and took a good look at the person standing before him.

She was dressed in a skin tight cheetah printed dress with leather boots reaching her knees. She adjusted the fur coat on her shoulders and pulled her large sunglasses off, sliding them between her proudly displayed assets. She blinked her eyes (heavy with long and thick eye lashes) at him with a bright red, pouted lips.

"Excuse me?" Kuroo raised a brow at her.

"It is you, so I wasn't wrong." She said.

"And who are you supposed to be?" He questioned her. She gave him another look instead of a reply.

"After all these while you're still as tempting as ever." She said, batting her eyelashes at him. She turned around before he could present another question, facing the fancy car parked outside his porch. "Lev~ Get down, honey~" She called.

"Look, lady. I'm kind of on my way to work here. What exactly--" He lost his words when a young boy, around the age of 5 rushing out of the car with a small tiger back pack. He ran towards his mother and stopped right before Kuroo.

"Nice to meet finally meet you, papa!" The boy greeted with wide green eyes.

Kuroo could only stare at the boy and the woman before him. A random woman, dressed like an animal, brought a kid with silver hair and green eyes to his porch, and the kid called him 'papa'. What on earth was going on?
"Is this some kind of joke? Scam? What?" He asked, confused.

"God, I forgot how much of a jerk you are." She said, sighing in annoyance.

"This is your son, Kuroo. Lev Haiba."

"No way." Kuroo rejected that idea immediately. "I don't have a kid."

"Babies happen when people have sex, Kuroo."

"I don't even recall being in bed with you."

"Of course you wouldn't, I was one of your one night stands, your constant flings."

"Nee, Mama," The young boy interjected. "What is 'sex'?"

"How can I know you're not lying?" Kuroo said. "You can't just come here out of the blue and toss me this kid," He gestured to his supposed son. "And expect me to be his father just like that. It's got to be a scam."

"Look here, you asshole." She fought back. "He's your kid. I'm not as stupid as I look, okay? I counted and I remember you very clearly. What we did was unforgettable. And I don't need you to be his father. We've been living fine without you so far. I just need you to look after him while I'm on a trip with my fiancé."

"You're dumping me this kid so that you can have your honeymoon?"

"God! Can't you be at least a good person for once?!" She groaned. "I'm not asking much of you. Just look after him while I'm gone, and you'll never see us ever again after that. Can't you just give a small part of your life to your son?"

Kuroo remained silent. Lev looked from his mother to Kuroo, trying to comprehend what's going on. "I'm leaving him to you," She said, pushing a small luggage from behind her. "I'll pick him up once I'm back. You owe me at least this much after what you've done to me."

Kuroo remained quiet as she kissed her son, their son, goodbye. She told him to behave and wiped the make up off his face. Waving at him one last time, she got on the expensive car and sped away.

Kuroo sighed, agitated by how the day had suddenly changed. He looked down to the kid, who looked up to him innocently.

"Nee, papa." He asked. "What is sex?"