Checking Out

~Drake~  

Ashby came 15 minutes after I had called, he parked in the same area where he first dropped me off at. I got inside and laid my head back on the seat. I could'nt stop thinking about Rihanna. Her boyfriend was a complete asshole and she took it. He must be the ring leader of this so called gang I've been warned about. I sighed and once again looked down at the napkin. Her handwriting was perfect. 

"Did you have a good time Mr. Drake?" He asked as he stepped on the gas and car slightly jerked. 

"Yes it was nice. Lots of people and such" 

"Something wrong Mr. Drake? You seem a bit troubled by something"

"You know a girl named Rihanna" Ashby quickly stopped again and it jerked back and fourth. He turned around and gave me this crazy look on his face. 

"What do you know about her?"

"We met up a few times and talked a little"

"Oh no no Mr. Drake. You are making a big mistake"

"Why?"

"She is the ring leaders woman. She belongs to him and he is a very very evil man"

"Do you know what he has done to guys in the past?"

"He has his men take care of other men like yourself from out of the country who like to mess with women who belong to them"

"Take  care as in?"

"Kill Mr. Drake. Murder Beat to death anything that gets rid of em"

"Nobody tells the cops about this?"

"Why would anybod be dumb enough to rat them out like that? Sure the police come but they can't do nothing about it if there is no body to find"

I looked at him for a minute while clutching the napkin in my hand. My heart began to race. I didn't want to get her into anymore trouble than I already have. 

"Be careful Mr. Drake. She will get you killed" Ashby said while looking down at the napkin I held in my hand. 

"Do you have a house down here?"

"Yes I do. Why?"

"Can I stay with you?"

"What about your hotel room? And bags?"

"I can get them tonight but the hotel room can be given away for someone else"

"Why move out of such a luxorius place to come live with an old man like me?"

"I need some more time to explore"

Ashby sighed and shaked his head. He presed on the gas again and the car once more jerked us. 

"Can't believe I'm agreeing to this but alright. You can stay with me. But head my warnings Mr.Drake. I don't want no trouble from the Barbaiden Lords" 

"Don't worry Ashby. You can trust me" I said with a small reassuring smile. We finally arrived back at the hotel and Asbhy turned off the car and got out. "I'll be down in a minute" 

"Ok, I'll be waiting. Just hurry it's late"

I nodded and entered into the air conditioned lobby. The receptionist flagged me over to come get my key to my room. 

"Mr.Drake. You didn't come and get your key"

"Sorry spent the day downtown"

"Ah I see. Well your room is all ready for you"

"Can you give it away?"

"i'm sorry?"

"I din't need it. Can you give it away?"

"I um...don't think so"

"Please ma'am. I'm not planning on staying here"

"But you..."

"Ma'am"

"Alright. I will give it to someone who is on the waiting list"

"Thank you ma'am"

"What about your bags"

"I'm going up to get them now. "

"Alright. Well sorry you can't stay with us Mr.Drake" 

"I'm sorry too. Here's a tip for your help" I handed her a couple bills before hurrying over to the elevator before it closed. 

Once I got to the 4th floor, I almost ran down to where my room was. I slid the key in to unlock the door and saw my bags propped up against the bed. I took them both and headed out. I  went back into the elevator, gave the key to the receptionist and went back to meet up with Ashby again. 

"You got everything?"

"Yes sir" I said as I took my bags around to the trunk. He propped it open and put both of them inside. 

"Let us go" Ashby said, closing the trunk and getting into the drivers seat. I got into the front seat with him and off we went.