Chapter Twelve -- Start of Something Great

"Who wants that perfect love story anyway? Cliché cliché... Who wants that hero love that saves the day? Cliché, cliché..."
-- Beyonce (Part II ft Jay Z)

Chapter Twelve -- Start of Something Great

Erik's POV

Driving down Highway 95 at a moderate speed, all I have on my mind is the look on Karly's face before I woke her up from the dream she was having not even three hours ago. The terrified expression on her face was the exact look she had when Oshyn shot her. It was terror-stricken, the familiar look that almost everyone has right before dying -- the look I thought I'd never see on her face again.

Shoving my thoughts to the back of my head, I pulled into the smoothly paved driveway that has small, unlit LED lights flowing from the street to the front door of the two story house. I parked in front of the two car door garage with a small halt, making Karly beside me awake with a jump from her sleep. The second fucked up way to wake up in one day, good job, Erik.

"You seriously need driving lessons," she mumbled, rubbing her temples. "Who's house is this?"

"Jasmine's--"

Her head snapped to me, "Jasmine?"

I opened my door. "Yeah, a old friend of mine."

I walked around the car and began going up to the house, but when I didn't hear a car door open, I turned around. "You getting out or what?" I asked loud enough for her to hear me through the rolled up window.

I know she's mad because she's looking straight ahead at the garage with her lips twisted to the side. Seconds later the door opened and she stepped out into the blazing sun with a frown on her face.

"You aight?" I asked with a smirk.

She flashed a tight lipped smile, "I'm just lovely."

Knowing that she would follow, I turned around and began walking the short distance to "Jasmine's" front door.

"Wow, and you have a key too?" Karly sarcasticly said more than question as I pulled the gold from my pocket.

I began unlocking the door, "Yeah, me and Jas cool like that."

She smirked. "Oh, really?" More sarcasm.

The door opened, "Really."

"Surprise!" The identical twins yelled out happily.

Harmony stood with crutches underneath both of her arms from her broken leg and her sister, Melody stood with a giant teddy bear in her arms that read I LOVE YOU in red letters on the chest. If it wasn't for the injury, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart but they both looked so happy, I couldn't help smiling with them.

"Aw, you guys..." Karly said emotionally wiping her watery eyes. "Ugh! I'm such a girl."

Her sisters laughed.

Karly walked over to the twins with opened arms, "Come here."

I stood back and watched as they all embraced and shed tears like it was a big reunion. They didn't know it, but my heart was swelling with pride. Melody had called while Karly was showering this morning with a barrow of bad news. Their mom had been arrested last night for disorderly conduct on the city bus. She won't be in for long, but it was Harmony's release day from the hospital and the girls didn't have any place to go, and since somebody had just bought a five thousand square foot house I invited them to live here.

"I'm so happy to see both of you," Karly smiled. She turned to Melody. "I'm sorry about what happened at the hospital between Momma and me. You know I hate when you guys have to witness that."

Melody nodded with a weak smile. "I know, it's okay, Karly. You don't deserve to get treated like that. You didn't finish school and you had a drug dealer as a boyfriend, but I still looked up to you. I always will."

"We both will," Harmony spoke up, "Especially now that you living in this big ass-- I mean big ol' house."

I suppressed a laugh. I can already tell Harmony is the free speaker of the two.

Karly looked confused. She shook her head, "I don't live here."

I stepped up. "Yes, you do."

She turned to me with more confusion written on her face.

"It's all yours, baby. Your apartment was cool and all but it was starting to get small as hell everyday."

The girls laughed.

"What about Jas--"

"JASMINE!" I yelled out, looking around the house like I was looking for somebody. "JASSSSSSMINE!"

I turned back to Karly and shrugged. "I guess I made her up."

She laughed, "You play too much." She stood on her toes, wrapping her arms around my neck as she kissed my lips passionately.

"Okay, ew!"

"Yeah, time to leave."

We both pulled back and laughed as we watched the girls make a beeline out of the room. I can already tell this is going to be the start of my new family.