DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG

*Dani's POV*

I launched myself at him, tackling him in a bear hug.

"I LOVE YOU!!"

He chuckled and gave me a huge squeeze before I pulled away and jumped up to the front door. He walked behind me, with a stupid grin on his face.

I opened up the door, and he grabbed it as he entered right behind me.

It was a wide room, a desk/ office area, like at the doctor's office, was directly in front of us as we walked in, bordered but two different doors, which led to hallways holding the animals. The rest of the room was occupied with animal gear. Leashes, food, toys, and treats were organized on a series of tables, and the walls were lined with locked cabinets containing medicines.

Vic stepped in front of me and walked up to the counter, the lady behind it looked up from her screen at him and smiled.

"Hi! What can I help you with today?"

"Hi, um, we're looking at adopting an animal and we were wondering if we could go and meet some of them?"

"Absolutely! Are you looking at a dog or are you looking for a cat or other animal?"

I piped up behind him, whispering excitedly, "Dog!"

She chuckled as she looked at me, and stood up, straightening out her Whinnie the Pooh scrubs.

"Alrighty then! You can follow me through this door here on the left and you guys can go socialize with some of our dogs."

She left the desk, walking over and leaving the office area completely, before opening the door left of the counter. She gestured for us to follow her into the hallway which led to, from what I could hear, kennels.

There was a strong scent of dander and dogs, accompanied by the sound of barking and scratching.

She talked as she led us back to a large open room, filled with different sections.

"All of our canines are vaccinated and steralized, and all of which are up for adoption have been deemed non-violent."

Dogs jumped up at the cage side of their little rooms as we walked by. I smiled at all of them and glanced at all of their files, which were clipped to the cage.

"If you have any questions or if you'd like to take one of the dogs out, you can talk to Daveed," she gestured to a cubicle in the corner of the room, in which sat a man who had his black, curly hair up in a bun. He looked up and waved at all of us, and the woman continued talking. "He'll help you back here, and you guys can come checkout with me if you make a decision."

With that, she turned and left, heading back towards the entrance area.

Vic and I walked around, I stuck my fingers through the cages to pet each of the dogs.

Daveed came over from his corner and offered to open the kennels for me so I could pet them easier. I declined. He was super tall and kinda scary. He did have a nice smile tho and seem to have a good sense of humor. Vic and he continued to hold a light hearted conversation while I continued to give the doggies little snout scratches.

I came to one cage, where the dog was so hype. He was running around in circles, panting, and whatnot. He was a little golden retriever, and his paper said he was only a year old. A puppy.

I asked Daveed if I could take him out into their play area. He looked over at Vic, asking for permission with a look. He nodded.

Daveed opened the cage, his dark skin stretching over his flexing muscles as they moved. He grabbed the puppy by its collar and hooked him up to a blue leash, which he then handed to me, as he led us outside.

The puppy's tail wagged super hard, hitting my leg as he tried to get outside as fast as possible.

We exited the building and I held my hand up to my eyes to prevent me being blinded by the sudden burst of sunlight. Daveed unlocked a playpen, a 90'x70' caged area with all types of dog toys and play things for us to use with the dog.

I unhooked the leash and the puppy, who's name I learned was Oli, and he ran straight towards one of those knotted rope toys.

He ran around with it in his mouth, flinging it back and forth. I laughed at him, look at him go!! He's such a small bab. I lov.

- .-- --- / .... --- ..- .-. ... / .-.. .- - . .-.

We finally took him back in after playing for a long time, he was super friendly and loved his right ear scratched.

"Well, how about it?" Daveed asked, still grinning after having a long conversation with Vic about whatever.

I nodded enthusiastically, my hair falling into my face. I jumped up and down, Oli's leash in my hand.

"I'm guessing we're taking him," Vic laughed at me, accompanied by the deep chuckle of the taller man.

"Alrighty then! I'm gonna have you fill out some paperwork and then you can meet Peggy up front, and she'll total costs and such."

"Hey, why don't you go out and pick a leash for him." Vic tapped my arm and suggested. I handed Oli off to Daveed and he put him back in his kennel.

I hopped up the hall to the entrance shop and rushed over to the rack that had a plethora of leashes displayed.

There were metal ones, rope ones, and tweed ones, all with designs on them, but there were also ones that were solid colored.

I picked out a red and black plaid one, that also had a matching collar, and a little bracelet that showed the same design. Right as I picked them up, Vic emerged from the hallway, carting Oli by his little blue collar. He had the paperwork in his other hand.

"Did you pick one out?"

"Yeah, these!" I waved them at him and he nodded before he walked up to the desk. The lady in scrubs took his paperwork and rung up the leash and collars.

"I hope you guys are a good home for him! He's been through a lot."

I nodded and smiled down at him as I undid the packaging on the collar. I unbuckled the blue one and set it on the counter with its leash as I put on the new ones.

"Would you like to keep the collar and leash? If not we'll keep it."

"Nah, we got this one."

She smiled big at me and placed the leash in a bin behind the counter.

"You guys have a good day!!"

We left and loaded into the car, where I sat in the backseat and snuggled with Oli.

Heck yeah