Chapter Four| Regional Turmoil

The king paced the hall once more, the uproar of enraged voices blaring from outside.

The king ran a hair through his matted, sweaty black hair. The kingdom wanted his opinion on the situation – was the murder of the Soul family for the greater good?

The Soul family, albeit powerful and influential, were selfish beyond words. They had stolen so much from the middle class that they had been essentially driven into poverty, whilst the king was blinded by his friendly relationship with them.

The Soul family tried to appear humble. They lived in a small town and house, but hid their fortune from the world. From a glance they appeared to be megalomaniacs, but they really did hold so much power that they almost overruled the king.

The king knew all too well that theoretically, the region would benefit greatly from the deaths of the Soul family. It was simply a question of morals.

Though, he knew that the region of Johto will have forever lost its impeccable calm and kind ubiquitous atmosphere. The arguments alit from a tragedy as such was something that would affect to course of a region's history. It was the base of the king's nightmares–a region thrown into seemingly endless turmoil.

The king was a strong advocate of peace at all costs. Ruling the kingdom was easy when run over a peaceful region, and he wished to keep an easy job of such importance.

The roars and screams were growing louder with each second. With one final breath of determination, the king opened the grandiose wooden doors before him and stepped onto the balcony to face the outraged crowd.

At the sight of their lord, the crowd roared in a sickening mixture of applaud and screams. It was obvious that the region believed that he would fight for the vengeance of the Soul family, as shown by the chorus of contradictory responses.

The screams would not die down, even after many minutes of waiting. Eventually, the king became fed up with his petty audience and took control of the situation.

"Everybody calm down, or else you won't get a response from me, and the kingdom will not support either side of this petty argument," the king shouted boldly over the uproar. The kingdom promptly fell silent in forced anticipation.

Only the occasional cough or wailing of a baby was heard as the king smiled gently in triumph. "Recently, the richest of the noble families were murdered by the notorious criminal, Gold heart. Sadly, he was aided by Giovanni Soul's own son, Silver Soul. The argument brought from this is merely a question of morals."

Again, the crowd erupted in argument, fighting with anyone they could hear with a different opinion. The few citizens indifferent to the situation crept slowly out of the crowd and lurkers on the sides or in the back. Again, the king grew impatient and frustrated; he was running a kingdom of fools.

"Silence, imbeciles," he ordered above the voices. Again, each voice slowly slipped away until the king was happily met with silence.

The king brushed the strands of filthy hair out of his face. He hadn't bathed in days due to the stress of the matter. "Many citizens believed I'd find the order to be a wrongfully commuted sin, punishable by death. However, I also understand that the Soul family has damaged the stability of our region with their greed and misuse of power. So, my final decision is this: I will side with those who believe Gold and Silver should not be punished for the murder."

Bloody screams erupted from the dead silence; fights broke out immediately at the disappointment or bliss of the king's decision. Circles began to form around multiple cat fights, and a chorus of cheers and laughter melded with the scream. The king sighed; he was running a kingdom of savages.

He did not bother quieting the kingdom. "I will not condone or support any violence against someone with an opposing opinion. Those who act out in that matter will be exiled."

The king's voice rang out over the kingdom, for not a single soul to hear.

– – –

AAA A A WHY IS THIS CHAPTER SO GOSH DANG SHORT. I don't know what to add.

Anyways sorry for the wait, I had this finished but then I rewrote it.

And now, since I don't have much to say, it's Question Time!™

Do you like chapter four?

What could I improve?

Would you be kind and vote if you enjoyed the chapter?

Will you help me get past 861 followers?

What do you think will happen since no one heard the king?

Anyways, thank you for reading this!