Part 9 - The unexpected meeting.

Sanyukta had never visited the library in the past few year. She never had the time. Even at the time ,when she used to ,she never went in this particular section... She wasn't into sports much. She ran her fingers to the top shelf until she came to the C's.
With a determined sigh, she pulled out a book - CRICKET FOR BEGINNERS and flicked through it.
Few hours later at night when Rimi was asleep, she sneaked into the store room with her torch. Moving the junk here and there , she finally spotted what she was looking for - An Old Cricket set which belonged to her grandfather .
They needed to be cleaned, but apart from that , it was as good as new.

The next step, apart from studying the library book , was to go to the sports club which was on the outskirts of Delhi and do some net practicing.
'Saturday morning would be best' - she said to herself , as Rimi would be busy with her dance class.

Sanyukta was sure to master it, for the M & S Corporate's cricket match , which would be held in 3 weeks from now . It's a chance for her to knock out Aaryan and impress him. Perhaps , he would ask her out for a romantic dinner, rather than just another casual lunch. Besides all this, she didn't want to make a fool of herself on the day of the match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"OH...!!!! CCRRRAAAPPPP " .
She never thought it would be so difficult to hit the ball with a bat.
She had been here almost an hour and she had been getting worst than better.
In twenty minutes she had to leave , to pick up Rimi and she would feel a failure, if she didn't manage to hit a few balls.
Eleven minutes later , she shoved her bat, helmet and pads inside the bag . She headed towards the exit with a scowl.
' I just can't waste anymore time and money' , she said in her mind.
'Cricket stinks........it's boring and pointless and------', her thought was interrupted by the sight in front of her.

She was about to bump into
'Randhir Shekhawat' who stood there speaking to someone on the phone.

'Could the day get any worse'- she thought, as she was in no mood to talk to him.
'He probably wouldn't even notice her,'
she thought and took a few steps forward.

"Hello..", came a voice behind her.

'Damn'-she said to herself and blinked at him over her shoulders , pretending not to recognise him.

"Remember me?????", he grinned.

She frowned as he came towards her.
"Oh !!..Of course".

"Well, you don't seem to be having a good day".

Had he been spying on her???? Although, she hadn't spotted him before. Then again, she realised she was in a public place and had pretended that she was the only person there.

"I ... Umm ... don't play. I've taken it up recently", she said composing herself.

"It's  just that those pads are too long and that bat is too heavy for you".

Hearing this ,Sanyukta bit her lip.

Seeing her do that did so many things to him. He just wanted to kiss her endlessly right then and there.
He somehow controlled his erotic thoughts and chipped,
"They are not yours , are they???",he paused for a while and continued
"Did you borrow them from your boyfriend ??????"...

"I haven't got-----", she stopped in the middle." Oh ... Wait a minute .....What has it got to do with anything ??"

"Plenty...", he murmured and smirked .

"What????", she frowned.

"Errrrrrr.....Ummmm ... Well......", he composed himself and continued,

"Look, am not being a sexist here, but women are shaped differently from men".

"So???".

"They have got a different centre of gravity,so if your serious about this game then you just can't use those borrowed pads and gloves of yours. You need to be fitted properly", he chipped genuinely.

"And....How come you know so much about it???", she demanded.

"Because I give lessons professionally. If your interested you can have my card , I only do it part time--"

**************************************************************************