Don't Follow Creepy Old Guys Into Weird Doors

(Diana's P.O.V.)

I jolted awake in my seat yelling, which prompted everyone to look at me and giggle like the children that they were.

"How nice of you to finally wake up Diana, I was beginning to think that you fell into a coma," my history teacher said, prompting more giggles and snickers from my classmates. I silently cursed the ones I knew and buried my head in my arms on top of my desk groaning.

'Great', I thought to myself, 'I fell asleep again and had that nightmare in class this time and everyone witnessed it. Just my luck.'

I stare out the window of my class room and notice a strange man in the middle of the street. At first glance, one would seem to think he was just a crazy old guy in the middle of the street but as I continued to look at him, he seemed to fade a little. I stared a little longer until his chin lifted a bit and he seemed to be looking right at me, and I looked away quickly.

After a few seconds I glanced back and he was gone. "Oh no," I said under my breath, sighing, "I'm becoming schizophrenic, just my luck." I rest my head back on my arms and sigh once more before closing my eyes.

~lapse of time~

As the bell rings for school to end I get my bag and walk out of class, yawning, "God why does school take so freaking long to end?" I ask no one in particular, but my friend Nathan decides to pipe up saying something about how they hate children or whatever but I'm more preoccupied with the old guy staring in my direction as I walk out the door of the school. No one else seems to see him though. Just me. Although I'm a bit creeped out by him, but I still tell my friends that I forgot something before going over in his direction for some reason. He doesn't say anything and when I get a bit closer he turns and walks away.

"Hey wait up," I yell as I run after him, but he didn't stop and turned the corner. As I followed though he was no where to be seen and it was a dead end in an alleyway with only a few doors but after trying each one, I found they were all locked and I cursed silently to myself.

Turning around I'm startled by none other than the old guy I was following. Or thought I was following that is. "W-what do you want??" I ask him not really expecting him to speak. Instead however, he waved his hand and a door appeared on the wall at the end of the alley. Taken aback at first, I chalked it up to just him being one of those illusionists you see mostly in Vegas and New York and walked up to the door.

Upon walking up to the door I noticed strange markings on it and turned to look at the man behind me, but again he was gone. "You can't just open some random door in a wall and dissapear before making sure I go in," I yelled at the spot where I last saw him, "this isn't a frickin' movie dude."

The door opened on it's own and, startled, I turned to see inside of it. It didn't look like anything was in there except a box and book on a pedestal. Hesitantly, I walked in and looked at the box before trying to lift the lid but it wouldn't budge so I went to the book and opened it up and of course it was in the same language as the stuff on the door. 'Just my luck,' I thought, 'nothing useful in any of these things.' I decided to just take the things, shove them in my bag and leave, figuring I could try to decipher the book or pry the box open at home and made my way home. After zipping the bag I made my way out the door and to my house. Almost immediately after leaving the alleyway I felt someone watching me and I quickly looked around, finding nothing.

~~~~~
More to come
~~~~~

Hi y'all. My updates are probably going to take like forever because I'm a bit new to the whole writing scene so yeah. Hope y'all like it