Chapter 3: The Night Before; Part 1 - Ed

~Author's Note: Hey there readers. My name is Kota. I should probably put this on Chapter one but, oh well, lawl. I've been trying to upload at least once a week when I can, or can remember. I have part 4 already finished and am working on part 5, but i'm hitting a small block. There are lots of personal things going on in my life, so i'm trying to work those out right now. I actually haven't told you guys anything about me. Well that's going to change. I'm going to be writing a historical fiction about my life that will be mostly fact with a small amount of ~fluff~ added to it, which the fluff isn't sex, but just little changes to things such as people's names. It will focus on how I found my fiance, soon to be my wife. Well that about wraps up my little paragraph here. I'm going to use my little saying I used to use when I wrote game reviews. ~Swim on into those dark waters my friends, so that in the end you will know what adversity is and conquer it, coming out stronger.~

The rest of the week at Peach Creek High went on quite slow, with Eddward and Kevin exchanging glances at each other during chemistry. Every night, they both go home and snapchat each other a lot. Edd shows off his room, organized and neat, while Kevin shows off the bike he's been working on. Sometimes they'll get on skype and talk while working on homework. Friday night comes around, and Edd lays in his bed around 10 o clock, staring up at his ceiling and thinking about what will happen tomorrow morning. Quite nervous, he gets up and travels to the kitchen and makes himself a cup of hot tea, sipping on it slowly. He knows that it won't help him sleep, but he always finds the warmth to relax him when his nerves are frayed. He grabs his headphones and turns on some gentle music to relax him. Well, not what most would consider gentle music, but things he know that relax him, such as Wasp by Motionless in White and Looking Through Glass by Stone Sour. Most people couldn't tell by looking at him but old SockHead was quite a metalhead. It was a long time ago when he was first introduced to the hardcore stylings of bands like Slipknot and Pantera. He remembers the day just as if it were yesterday.

~Sitting in his room, an 11 year old Double D starts to get excited. His parents had just come back from one of their many mission trips to Africa. They didn't want to uproot him from his life so they normally left him in Peach Creek along with notes telling him how much they loved and cared for him, and occasionally had his grandmother, who lived two streets over, come down and check on him. They had promised to take him out to the mall as a day out. It had been a long time since he had a full day with his parents, so he was super excited. The day started off quite well, with a trip to IHOP, where he ate blueberry pancakes with strawberry syrup- his favorite. Then they went around to the toy stores, got him some more clothes that he wanted, and as they were walking by, Edd beckoned them to come to the music store where he saw a sale going on. "Look Mommy, it's a sale on music," he said in his sing-song voice.

"Yes dear. Would you like to go look?"

"Very much so." So they went into the store. There were rows and rows of cd's, along with shirts in the back for the different bands. Coming down one aisle he stops as he sees the title of the section. "Daddy, what is heavy metal?"

"Hmmm, I don't know son. I think it's supposed to be what some people call 'hardcore' music. I have never tried it before so I couldn't tell you much. Let's just go on to the next aisle."

But there was one album that caught his eye that he couldn't take his eyes off of. "Daddy I want this one." It was a weird looking album, with a leather mask on the front with a zippered up mouth and appearing to look almost purple in some places. As he picked up the album he saw the band name - Slipknot. Looking at the back, he found out the album was called Vol. 3 - The Subliminal Verses. Scanning through the songs, he sees a few that pique his interest. "Please Daddy?" he says as he pouts and holds it up to him.

"Hmmm," his dad picks it up and looks it over. Seeing no parental guidance warning and the look on his son's face, he eventually gave in and bought it for him. "Would you like to get the rest of the albums by this band while we're here?" So his dad picked up the other two, purchasing him for his brightly smiling son. It did the parents well to see their son as happy as he was.

They eventually arrive home after going out to lunch at a Chinese buffet, Double D feeling extra stuffed because of those egg rolls he loves so well. He makes his way up to his room, unpacking all the stuff he got. He decided to pop in one of the cd's his parents had gotten him, so he starts with the one he wanted the most. He hit play on the cd and started to put all the stuff he got up, organizing and labeling it all. The intro song began to play, and this style of music was all brand new to him. He was so thrown off when the man started to scream but he kind of enjoyed it. 'It gives a whole new depth to the music,' he thought. It invigorated him to finish up his room. Each new song brought a new feeling, with such raw emotion expressed by each verse and the powerful guitars sent him into a trance. He felt brand new feelings, things foreign to him that he had never even heard of. He loved it.~

Shaking himself out of his daydream, Edd finished up his tea and then sat down on the sofa, setting the alarm on his phone and putting it on his relaxation playlist, laying back and hoping to get in a bit of sleep before the big day tomorrow.