Chapter Six

Chapter Six: What are we?

I woke up in unfamiliar arms. I looked up and saw Ashton. Then, I remembered. The memories came flooding back in. I put my hand in his soft hair playing with it for a bit. He was sculpted by a god. He has perfect eyes, green when he was happy. The softest hair and the most strongest chest. I just wanted to stare at him forever. (is that weird?) I put my hands through his soft hair, ruffling it.

"Good morning." His husky voice, startled me. I smiled a bit and kiss his cheek.

"Morning." I said humming happily, which I guess you could say was weird of me to do. He slowly sat up, fixing his hair. "So, Ash, what are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be, baby." He grabbed my small hand and engulfed it into his larger one. I smiled, and kissed his soft lips. He quickly responded, kissing back.

Later that day, I went home to shower and get some homework done. I walked in the back door, completely unaware of my mother.

"I know, Greg, I don't know what to do. I need help, I know I do. Kat probably hates me now. Please, please help me." Wait, my mother wasn't drunk? Who is Greg? What is happening? "Okay. Bye. I will look into it."

I quietly, walked back outside and to the other side of the house. I slowly climbed up the tree, and onto the roof. I looked into the room and made sure that mother wasn't in there. I opened the window and climbed in. I walked into the bathroom and saw the mess of blood from last night. I looked away disgusted with myself.

×××××××××××

"Hey Kat."
"Hi"
"So, are you ready for school tomorrow?"
"Ughhhhhhh"
"I'm taking that as a No?"
"Ughhhhhhh"
"I have to go babe, I love you"
"I-i love you too"

He loves me? Do I love him too? I don't know.

I walked downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee, I had to stay up to figure out what mother was up to.

"Gregggggg" I heard someone slur as they walked in the door, probably my mother. I put down my coffee and his behind the couch.

"Greggggggg!" She wailed. Who was Greg, a boyfriend? It sure as hell not be a boyfriend.

"Greggggggg!!!!" I had enough. I got up and looked at my mother in the eye. She had tears streaming down her face, and her jacket with blood on the back.

"Mom!" I yelled, "Who did this to you?" She mumbled something uncoherently and I lifted her shirt, there were bruises all over her back and under neck. Blood, coming out of some. I called 911 because I didn't know what else to do.

"Hello, my name is Kat, please help. My mom is bleeding, pretty bad. She came home drunk, and there are bloody bruises all over her, I-I think her boyfriend is abusing her."

"Okay, calm down. What is your address?"

"U-um 192 Oaken Avenue."

"Okay, Kat, don't worry. We are on the way."