Beginning

Here we go again.

"Are you sure you have everything you need?" My sister questioned for the fifth time. Normally, Haven wasn't one to worry too much. Being eight months pregnant however, made worry like there was no tomorrow.

"I will be okay." I reassured her. I turned around to get a good look at her. Despite being seven months pregnant, she was breathtaking. With her big dark brown eyes, olive skin and angular face, it's no wonder  that many people in the past have asked if she was a model. Haven was always beauty, even with a bloated stomach that looked liked it was going blow any time.

Haven raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, (natural mind you), and opened her mouth until her newly wedded husband, Andrew, walked down the drive way with a huge cooler.

"I got you a cooler for the trip. I know it's a lot, but the ride from here to San Diego is almost eight hours," Andrew said, as he handed me the cooler. Andrew was a very skinny and tall guy, so skinny that I was always afraid to that I would break him when I hug him. "It's brand new and a great brand. I also put in orange soda, your favorite." Andrew offered me a weak smile, knowing that I still felt uneasy around him. Haven and Andrew barely dated for two months before they got married. In Haven words when she told me, 'sometimes you need to rush love.'

I'm pretty sure that's the other way around.

I placed the cooler in the beat up old van, a van that Haven used in her high school days. "Thank you, Andrew, I will make sure to sure it." Andrew beamed at me and pulled me in a hug. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Haven starting to tear up. Oh, God.

"I'm going to miss you!" she wailed, throwing her arms around me after Andrew finished hugging me.

I struggled to put around my arms around her, but she was hugging me too tight I couldn't breath. After while, she let go of me, with a sad look in her eyes.

I looked looked up at the sky. The sun was starting to set, and soon it will be dark outside. "I'm going now," I told them. I went around to the front of the van and hopped in the driver's seat. "I will see you both later."

Andrew put an arm around my sister and said, "Tell your dad that both of us say hi." 

I turn my head around to my sister,  who grimaced at the sound of the word 'dad'. If it was up to her, I won't even be going on this trip. Instead, I would be cooped up in the house all summer, helping her pick out cute onesies for the baby.

I faked a smile, "Will do." As the car was put in gear, I said one last goodbye and pulled out of the drive.

As I glanced at rear view mirror, I saw both them waving goodbye. I continued to stare as they got smaller and smaller, and soon, gone.