Chapter 13: Meeting Underground

Emma's POV:

"Hello Jordan." I smiled and looked down at the girl in the mirror. "We're in the palace. What do we do now?"

"Where is Lydia and Kaleb?" Jordan hissed and looked nervously around.

"They disappeared from the castle to go find something." I said remembering what Bryce told me before.

"They're gone?!"

"Yeah. I don't know where but they aren't here right now." Jace said, looking over my shoulder at the mirror piece.

"And that pesky Aiden too?" Jordan grimaced.

I nodded. "Yeah he's gone too along with a girl named Kenna."

"Kenna? Queen Sophia's daughter?"

"I don't know. Maybe I guess."

"Okay check in with me later. I'm going to go see Queen Sophia to see if she can help us with her daughter before this girl figures out her true power."

"Yes Ma'am." Jace said from behind me and then the mirror flickered and I saw my own reflection in the mirror.

I sighed. "Why did we come here? I don't like working."

"Because we're the best undercover spies in the land. Duh. Come on let's go." Jace took my hand and lead me back to the servant's rooms.

"No." I pulled away from him and glared at him. "We're going to Hell."

"What? Don't talk like that Emma."

"No. We are going to Hell right this second. Pack your things. We're leaving now." I turned and stormed away determined with this idea.

-35 minutes later-

"Where is this place suppose to be?!" I hissed and glanced around once more. "It's nowhere around here!"

There were way too many trees around here. Just trees, more trees, even more trees, and even more more trees.

The sunlight barely filtered through the thick leaves, leaving very little light to look for a huge hole in the ground.

I glanced at Jace who almost faded into the shadows. That's why we were the best spies in the land.

We were raised in the Shadow Camps. Ever since I was dumped here when I was 4 months old.

Jace was dropped there when he was a 1 year old a few days before me.

We grew up together in that camp, learning and being taught how to control the shadows.

We were there for so long that this magic we used seeped into our very bodies. No one else could do what we do.

We almost became shadows ourselves.

Jace pushed back a bush and hopped through it... then screamed.

I rushed over and saw him clinging off the edge of a huge hole. "Hey look I found the hole to Hell." He flashed me a grin and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. You didn't have to fall in though."

"Oh this? I meant to do that."

"Yeah. Right. Of course you did Jace."

He sent me a devilish smirk then grabbed my feet. They were pulled out from underneath me and I was dragged down into the hole.

I shrieked but then I heard Jace laughing. The wind was brushing past my hair and I stopped screaming. I blinked my eyes to clear them and I saw all around me a straight down hole.