The Brain Games

Prologue One-Shot: The Brain Games

*Jen's P.O.V.* *Late February of 5th Year*

"Come on Jen, lets go!" I ran after Lilly as she, Marlene, and Alice started walking to the Quidditch Pitch for today's game. It was Gryffindor VS Slytherin and we were going to cheer for our team all we could. Some of us *cough* Lily might not vote for everyone *cough* James, but we would cheer nonetheless.

The four of walked to the Pitch surrounded by a group of other students heading to the game. Today was going to be intense, everyone knew about the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin and were eager to see how it would play out in a game. Especially a game that would factor into the Quidditch Cup.

Soon enough we arrived at the Pitch and took our seats, right up front of the Gryffindor section. Everyone was busy settling in, placing, bets, talking with friends, and all around enjoying the game-time atmosphere.

Before we knew it the captains had shaken hands, player took off and the game started. I quickly found my eyes glued to a certain Gryffindor Beater.

Sirius Black and I had been friends since first year, five years ago. We often joked around each other and, starting in third year, we had done a small bit of flirting. That had, of course, grown since third year. Now a lot of our private conversations involved flirting. The girls had noticed this and, at night when they thought I was asleep, placed bets on when we'd get together, when we'd kiss, and anything involving Sirius and I. ANYTHING. Needless to say, had a not been too embarrassed, I would have jumped out of my bed and kicked them all, multiple times.

I shook my head and tried to focus on the game, but I couldn't. There was another game going on, inside my head. Brain games, all about him. Daydreaming, fantasizing, and wondering about possibilities, I was focused on Sirius the entire game.

I finally snapped out of it when the whistle sounded, signaling the game had ended. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and waited 'til the stadium cleared out. When only a few people were left the girls and I stood up to leave our seats.

Just as we were leaving I saw one lone figure over by the supplies closet. "Hey guys, go ahead, I'll see you inside." The girls nodded and I headed over to the figure.

When I arrived I noticed it was Sirius, he had his back turned to me and was staring out at the nearby Black Lake. "Hey Padfoot, what's up?" He jumped and turned around, relaxing when he saw it was me. "Nothing, just thinking." "About" "A girl" My heart fell a little at that, I'm not sure why, I didn't like Sirius. Did I? "Oh" Was my only response, "Who" Sirius looked at me, "No one, she doesn't like me back anyway." Deciding to push aside my feelings and be a good friend I told him, "Well, why don't you just talk to her, see if she likes you back. There's a pretty good chance, a good 75% of the girls here do." "Yeah I think she's in the other 25% though." "Just try to ask her. You never know."

He sighed, dejectedly, "Okay, I'll ask her." I smiled at him though my heart was a bit saddened.

I turned to leave but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. "Here going nothing." He muttered to himself, making me extremely confused. That confusion was quickly cleared up, as I felt a pair of lips on mine.

A/N: Sorry for the wait! In case you didn't get it, this chapter isn't part of the plotline its more of a flashback/filler chapter. It's just fluff about how Jen and Sirius confessed their feelings for each other, it doesn't really matter in the plot of the book.

Also, I just found the Statistics button on Wattpad and under Demographics...wow. There are people on the other side of the world from me who have read my book and that's just awesome! I cant thank you all enough, whether you're my next door neighbor or someone from a different continent; it means so much to me that you all read this story.