Home Sweet Home

1 Week Later, Saturday: 10:30 am

Mackenzie's POV

I finally get to go home. Ariana and Taylor are on the way to pick me up right now.

"Nurse Jacqueline, thank you for taking care of me and letting me live."

"I didn't let you live. That was a miracle, honey, but no problem. It's my job."

"Mackenzie, time to go home!" Ariana says, coming in the door.

"Yay! When can I go back to school?"

"Monday. Just stay off of big girl swings." She replies.

Ariana's POV

I pick Mackenzie up and say goodbye to the nurse.

"Let's go check out. I'm pretty sure we have a huge medical bill since we haven't been paying it."

"Well maybe you wouldn't if you played every time you left." Taylor says smartly.

"Shut up. You're such a brat!"

"Thanks. I try." She smiles and we continue walking.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The desk attendant says.

"I would like to pay my medical bill. I believe it's under the name Ariana Grande or Ariana Grande-Anderson."

"Ok, yes. Ariana Grande. Your total is $127, 282. Cash, debit, or credit?"

"Credit." Ariana hands her the card and she swipes it.

"Alrighty, thanks. Have a nice day."

"You too. Come on, Taylor." She comes back from watching the news about a riot in Hurricane Warning for New Orleans."

"As if Katrina wasn't bad enough. If they do have a hurricane, can we help them? Go to new Orleans and give them some clothes and food, stuff like that?"

"Sure." We walk outside and it starts raining.

"Oh, how pleasant. Especially because I have sandals on. Isn't this just great, Ariana?" Taylor says.

"Good thing we came in the limo. See, he's waiting right there." We run to the limo and get in as fast as possible.

"It's really coming down. It was literally just sunny. What happened? Oh would you look at that. It's hailing now." (This actually happened to me last night in Oklahoma City. It just started storming for no reason, but that's my favorite weather so it was awesome!)

"Ari, I'm scared. It's gonna break the windows."

"No it's not, Kenz. It's ok."

"Ok, I just wanna be home."

"Don't worry. That's where we're going."

At Home: 11:00 am

Taylor's POV

We arrive at home and run to the door.

"Mackenzie!" Everyone comes to the door and Mackenzie talks to all of them.

"What's wrong with Jordan?" I ask Sean.

"She's scared of the weather. I tried to calm her down but she won't."

"Oh well. She's a kid." Right as I finish my sentence, there's a loud clap of thunder.

Jordan screams and starts crying. From the living room comes a cry from Jaidon and Ariana takes the other kids in there.

"Daddy, I don't want it to hurt me!"

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby girl. You're gonna be alright."

"No, it's gonna hurt me! I don't want to die!" She screams, crying like someone's about to murder her.

"J, calm down. You're ok. We are safe in here." I say, trying to calm her down.

Right at that moment, the power goes out. Jordan screams again and continues screaming and crying at the top of her lungs.

"Jordan, calm down. Wanna watch Spongebob?" Sean hands her to me.

"I'm be right back!" He says.

"Ok, I got this, but ok." He rolls his eyes and goes upstairs.

"Jordan, it's just like when you sleep. The lights aren't on. Let's have some fun. Wanna build a fort? We can tell some stories and watch movies."

"No, I wanna be safe! They turned the lights off and now they're coming for us!"

"Jordan, the storm knocked the power out. Nothing's coming for us."

"The storm's coming for us? That's even worse!"

"Jordan. No. One. Is. Coming. For. Us. Ok?

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Let's go make a fort."

"Ok. I trust you, Taylor."

"You should." We walk into the living room and Sean comes back with flashlights and some blankets.

Just pile everything on top of each other and make sure we can fit in it." I say as the kids go to work building a fort.