They Suspect

My eyes widen in fear, I backed away from him, until I hit the corner.

He walked over and towered over me.

I looked into his eyes.

"Didn't think I'd figure it out?" He asked.

My whole body is trembling.

He snickered his teeth, "You think I'm dumb?"

I have no words to say. If this is how it feels to know Jooheon knows, imagine with the rest?

"I got injured because of you." He said, "My career was in jeopardy."

"I'm sorry-"

"Yeah you better be sorry." He muttered.

I squealed lightly as he pressed me against the wall.

My breathing grew heavy.

"Because of you I was in fear of losing everything, then you leave like nothing happened. That was the most selfish thing you've done yet." He told me.

I felt the tears forming.

"I vowed never to speak to you again. One because you left so foolishly. Two because I got injured by some monster that was after YOU, and three because Hoseok and all of Big Hit had to deal with a LOT."

"Jooheon I-"

"You can't apologize for it." He said, "I mean, I know you never meant for any of that to happen, but it did. And the way you handled it was wrong, you shouldn't have ran away."

"If I had stayed things would've gotten worse." I defended, "What the fuck was I supposed to do? I did a lot. I caused a lot of pain to everyone. My best choice WAS TO leave." I told him.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!" I yelled, "I'm not gonna stand here and let you talk down on me like it was ALL my fault. It wasn't! You think after I left I had it easy?" I asked.

"Why else would have you left for!" He shouted.

"I went home to find out my parents were dead and that I BARELY had family left." I cried, "I had it really hard. I went through so much that I'm grateful to still be here!"

His gaze softened.

I sobbed, "You have no right to be mad at me."

"Mai.."

"Don't touch me." I told him and sniffled, "Just don't. Please." I said.

He surrendered, "I'm sorry.."

"Whatever. It was the past." I calmed down, "At least you got that off your chest." I said.

"Right.." he mumbled.

Silence.

Jooheon avoided my gaze, it almost seems like he regrets saying what he said.

I mean, I know you're upset about it but don't blame everything on me. It was no one's fault that Shin-Mae was insane.

The doors opened to the parking lot and the two of us exited the elevator.

"So where you headed?" He asked and walked beside me.

"I have to pick up my son." I said.

O_O

I gasped and covered my mouth.

Did I just admit that?

Damn! Stupid Mai!

"Aw, you have a little one?" He asked, "How cute, can I come?"