Kiera

I tie my shirt up in the back, matching Cherry. "Shirley why you ain't dressed?" I ask my mama. "Girl I ain't stun that shit." She says sipping her bud light. "You should be, come on." I say grabbing her arm. "Kiera London leave me alone now. I'll get up when I want to." I roll my eyes laughing. "Ma." She waves me off. "So damn goofy what's funny?" She asks. "You are Shirley."

My mother laughs, "My damn name ain't Shirley. Stop calling me that Heifer name." Cherry walks out my old bedroom. "See you later Shirley. Since you don't want to leave with us." Cherry laughs. "Cherry take yo slow ass best friend and get gone. I'll meet y'all out there." My mama says. "Okay later Auntie." Cherry says. We leave out the door and walk down the bests.

It's Wright Day on the Southside. The whole hood comes out for this day. Last year the shit ended in some niggas from another hood trying to bust up through here. Hopefully things go good this year, this is the only day everything is really peaceful and everyone is having a good time. Plus we celebrate Lil Man death. He was shot the night before Wright Day.

"Hey Kiera." Auntie Shawanna says. "Auntie where you going in them lil bitty shorts?" I ask. Cherry laughs, "She swear she fine hunny." Auntie Shawanna pops her lips, "I am fine and I am grown. Where the hell y'all asses going in them shorts and shirts showing off everything. August gone beat yo ass."

I laugh, "He would never." August might be a bold ass nigga but he's not a stupid one. "Don't try to change the subject Peaches." Cherry says to her mama. "Cherlonda call me peaches again and we fighting." We both laugh. Cherry hates her first name with a passion. I think it's different but she thinks it's ghetto as hell.

"Where is August and Dae Dae at anyway?" Auntie Shawanna asks. "Dae Dae supposed to be coming later." Cherry says. "I don't even know. He said he was coming last week. But he's mad at me right now so we haven't talked." She laughs, "What happen?" A few girls walk near and I let them walk by before continuing. "Damn fuck y'all looking at?" Auntie Shawanna says. They continue to look at they walk up the stairs.

"Anyway so me and Cherry left the club and went to American deli. I'm inside ordering my food and that hoe Alesha came in. You know Alesha is Aaliyah supposedly best friend.-" Cherry sucks her teeth, "Which is why I'm mad as hell I was sleep in the car." Auntie Shawanna laughs, "Damn. But what happen.. Finish London." I laugh at her calling me by my middle name. "So yeah man she came in there. I tied my hair up, shit got poppin. I thought I saw one of his friends in there but I ain't pay it no mind so I'm guessing that's how he found out." Auntie Shawanna laughs, "You're crazy niece but shit at least them hoes now."

My mama finally comes down the stairs. "I thought y'all asses been gone." She says. "No hoe we was waiting for you. Let's go." Auntie Shawanna says.

We walk down the block and get inside the part. Everyone and they mama is out. "Hey y'all." "Hey." We say back. I look around and see them bitches Alesha and Aaliyah. I roll my eyes and continue walking. We find some lawn chairs and take a seat while the DJ gets set up and they start up the grill.

"There go Dae Dae right there." I say looking at the entrance of the park. She gets up and walk over to him. "Kiera go get us a drink." My mama says. "What y'all want?" I ask getting up. "A couple of Coronas."

I get up and walk over to the cooler. "What you looking for Kiera." Junior asks. "I found what I'm looking for." I walk back over to them. "Why you looking like that?" My mama asks. "Junior." I say rolling my eyes. "Girl get over it." I turn around and see Charmaine. "Bit-" "Kiera sit yo ass down." My mama says pulling at my shirt. "Let her hit me." Charmaine eggs on.

"Kiera London." Ughhhhhh. She know what she's doing, stupid bitch. Me, Cherry, and Charmaine use to be a trio until Charmaine slept with my ex boyfriend Junior while we were together. I admit I was only with Junior to spite August when we took a "break" but I did have a lil crush, it wasn't nothing major my heart was August. I thought Junior would've been a friend in the end to say the least but hell nah. August had came back in town one day so I went to see him Junior got mad and I find him and Charmaine two together.

At first she downplayed it like they was just chilling and he said the same. Nothing looked suspicious so I let go. She was girl and had been my girl for a while so I took her word for it. 3 weeks later the bitch is pregnant by him. She's on her fourth child by him now and he don't do shit for none of them. "Man."

"Get yo ugly ass on somewhere Charmaine." Auntie Shawanna says. "See you later LoLo." I roll my eyes. She walks off. "That bitch messy as hell." My mama says laughing. "Kiera you can't be out here fighting a pregnant woman." Auntie Shawanna says. My mama laughs harder. "I should've got her ass in some damn classes. Always trying to fight somebody. You can't let them get to you like that Kiera."

"I can't help it. People be trying me like a lame and I don't do that disrespectful stuff."

"That's why August be bout to bop yo ass." I laugh, "No he don't." I miss my baby. He hasn't called or texted me none. He did like some pictures me and Cherry posted but that's it.

The music gets going and everyone is having a good time. The sun starts to go down and they bring out tables for dominoes and cards. A few other people head back to the apartments for the kickback for lil man. I'm about head that way myself once Cherry brings her ass.

"Kiera you can go ahead. Me and Dae gone go back to his crib." I nod my head. I guess I'll swing through the party for a bit and then take my ass home. I start walking over to the apartments.

I get up the steps, "What's up Kiera?" I wave and then look at my door. My shit looks opened. I walk inside I know one of them motherfuckers ain't come up in my shit. Everything is still here. I see a note on the ground. Watch your back bitch. I laugh I wish a bitch would. I lock my door and head to my room. "What's up baby?" I jump. "You scared me!"

August laughs. "My bad." I suck my teeth, "You knew what you was doing." I roll my eyes. "I'm the one mad at you remember." I twist lips, "The shoe on the other foot now." He puts his arms around me. "I missed you."

"You didn't miss me too much hanging up and shit."

"Stop fighting all the damn time then. That shit is embarrassing."

I roll my eyes, "Hm."

He pecks my lips. "I'm done being mad, you should too." He whispers while grabbing my ass. I smirk, "Stoppp." I sit my arms around his neck. "Forgive me?" He asks. "I don't know." I say shrugging. "Come on bae you can't be mad at the almost birthday boy." He kisses my lips. "I guess."