Chapter 2: New Friends and New School

Tobias' POV:

Right when we are about to open the door, it flings open and there stands Christina and Uriah squealing.

"Oh My Lord!!!" They both start squealing again.

Tate begins crying due to all the squealing which makes Chris and Uri stop and look down at my arms. I begin rocking her telling her its okay and that I am right here and se starts to calm down.

"Who is this? Why did we see you kiss her? and Why are you holding a baby?" They both ask quietly.

"Umm... do you guys remember the girlfriend I told you about, the one my dad pulled me away from?" They both nod "Well this is her, Tris and we kissed because well she is my girlfriend and this is my daughter that I also told you about, Tate"

"She is adorable" Chris says looking at Tate "By the way I am Christina and this is Uriah but you can call us Chris and Uri" she adds to Tris.

"Hi" Tris says kind of standing behind me a little.

"Come on in you guys" Uri says and then him and Chris vanish through the door.

"Come on Tris" I say guiding her with my hand in her waist.

"Toby I cant" she whispers

"Why?"

"What if they don't like me? I don't want you to fight with your friends if they don't"

"Its okay they will love you and Tate"

"How do you know?"

"Because I have been talking about you for the past 7 months and they have all said that they really wanted to meet you and meet the people that make me smile everyday" I say pulling her to me.

"Okay but only cause I love you"

"I love you too" And with that we walk in and when we do everyone is sitting in a circle on the floor and laughing. When they hear us walk in they look at us and then at my arms.

"Hey guys" I say trying to break the awkward tension.

"Hey" They all say at the same time, excluding Chris and Uri since they know about everything.

"Who's the chick and baby?" Lynn says bluntly (like usual)

"Um... Well do you guys remember how I always tell you about the girlfriend and daughter I left behind due to my dad pulling me away from them?" They nod.

"Well this is Tris and this is Tate, my girlfriend and daughter" I say nervously. Zeke gets up and walks over to Tris and gives her a giant hug.

"Thank you for being the only one Four will smile about and be happy with"

"You're welcome, I guess" she says not knowing what else to say. He lets go and goes back by his girlfriend, Shauna.

"Okay, umm... Tris you already know Chris and Uri, the one who hugged you is Zeke, that's Shauna , Marlene, Will, Lynn, and Peter"  I say pointing to each one "Zeke is dating Shauna, Marlene is with Uri, Chris is with Will, and Lynn is with Peter."

"Hi" She says nervously with a little wave.

"Hey" They all say back giving a wave as well.

Tate starts crying and everyone begins looking at her. I try rocking her little telling her its okay and that I'm right here but its not working. I look over at Tris and she looks really focused on whatever she's thinking about, then all of the sudden she snaps out of it and begins digging through Tate's bag. When she's finished she pulls out a bottle and shows it to Tate and Tate's cries begin to soften. Tris takes Tate out of my arms and begins feeding Tate. I notice Tris looks a little uncomfortable feeding her standing so I gently motion Tris to the couch and help her sit down slowly. I told Tris that I would be right back cuz I had to see when Marcus was going to be home, I look at the calendar in the kitchen and it says he wont be home till January 10th.