Chapter 1: The Men In The Woods

Aynsley POV

Living in the City of Witches had its strange qualities. But with a hunter's luck, most of them weren't so good. That's what brought Jamie, Izzy, and I to a legendary seventeenth century burning stake/cemetery, well, the remains of it, that was popularly known for the witches buried there. The place had barely been screwed with since the end of the trials, so God only knows what evil lurked there. I mean, the three of us already knew, since we were the ones to destroy the stake. "We were here yesterday, again," Jamie said, flipping her short red hair out of her eyes, "and I personally ganked the demon. And we came back again because?" "Something didn't feel right when we left last night. It may be nothing, but we should still check it out," Izzy answered. "You have the holy oil?" My red headed, long time companion asked me. "Of course I do," I responded, patting my back pocket, "when have I ever not been prepared?" Both Izzy and Jamie looked at me, and then rolled their eyes, obviously remembering the mess I got us all into in Georgia about four years ago. "Don't even get me started," I heard Izzy mutter under her breath. The sound of a gunshot going off silenced our bickering. "Either there's something back there," I said, "or I'm going crazy again." I cocked the shotgun in my hands, which contained rock salt-filled bullets. Another shot rang out throughout the trees, which caused us to move from our crouching position behind a near collapsed stone wall. "Stay here," I said, putting a finger to my lips. "And will I have to come in and save your sorry ass yet again?" Jamje asked, cracking a small smile. "Just because I'm two years younger than both of you," I answered, "doesn't mean I'm stupid. I walked along the cracked cobblestone path, the only light being from the moon. A short distance away, in a small clearing, I could see three unidentifed men, who were looking at the remains of when we destroyed the stake. "Then we're screwed Sammy!" The eldest looking one screamed, "what else are we supposed to do?" I took my pistol out of my belt and fired a shot into the air, then walked to wear the men were. "The stake was destroyed about a month ago," I said calmly, placing the pistol back into my belt, but still holding the shotgun in a death like grip. Two of the men aimed guns at me, while the third took out a long, silver blade. "And who the hell would you be Princess?" the one with long shut asked. "You think I'm gonna take that from someone who looks like a moose?" I said, eyeing his brown locks. The green eyed man suddenly took a knife out of his belt and threw it in my direction. I caught it in my hand, keeping the shotgun locked in the other. "Iron," I said, my breathing quick, "I'm human, you idiot." "What's in the shotgun?" Moose Boy asked, his gun still raised. "Rock salt bullets," I answered, annoyance coming through my tone. "Now, if I wasn't a hunter, I wouldn't have this now would I?" "She's not a demon, Dean," the man with the blue eyes said, coming to my defense. The man, whose name is apparently Dean, came up to me with a small glass bottle in his hands. I had backed up to where I was pressed up against a tree, with Dean standing mere inches in front of me. He took the cap off of the bottle and poured the contents over my head, wetting my black and purple hair. Suddenly, I heard the cocking of a gun and a "Don't move asshole" from an all too familiar voice. "Well when you come across a stranger in a cemetery full of witches, you have to be careful!" Dean yelled, turning around to meet Jamie. He was taken aback about how pissed off she sounded, and the no shit-taking look in her face. "I thought she told you not to move," Izzy followed up. "Why should we have to listen to you?" asked Sam, eyeing Izzy. "We don't know anything about you, or even who you are." "We're hunters," I responded, stepping away from the tree, "we know enough about everything not to die. Especially witches." At the mention of a possible witch hunt, the three men immediately put away their weapons. "Are you from here?" the still unidentified, blue-eyed man asked. "Nice job, Captain Obvious," Jamie answered, rolling her eyes. "That's Cas," Sam said, rubbing the sides of his head. "He's a bit clueless sometimes." Cas, I thought. He must be an angel, because of the blade. Unless you're an angel, those things are very hard to find. "The last witch that was burned here," Izzy said, "we've been hunting her for almost the last ten years. How long are you in the city for?" "Until we smoke the bitch," Dean responded. "Then we'll see you tomorrow," Jamie said, dragging Izzy and I by the sleeves.

*************************************
Back at the house, all of us nearly flopped on the couch, exhausted from the long day. "Did you sense anything off with those guys?" Jamie asked, getting to retrieve a beer from the fridge. "Nothing," I said, shaking the remaining holy water from my hair, "it's probably nothing..."

*************************************
Sam, Dean, and Cas had barely moved. "What in the actual hell just happened?" Sam asked, completely confused. Dean responded, "Well whoever they are, and if we ever see them again, I call the red head."