Before The Dawn (Chapter 3)

Hey everyone!  Sorry for the delay.  I had 4 pages of this chapter done already but just got around to writing the other two to it.  It gives some back ground into Misha, and her situation in which she fled from.  I'm still planning this book out so bear with me!  Since this is the last book I want it to definitely to go out with a BANG!  Whether it something action packed and suspenseful it still unseen.  I'm trying to find time to write, and to have the inspiration at that time can be difficult!!!!  Anyway, I digress, I hope you enjoy the third chapter to Before the Dawn!!!  Please comment, vote, tell me your thoughts!!!  Thanks bunches and bunches,

Stacy

Before The Dawn

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved -2011

3.

Six thirty in the morning came too early for Kyle, as he peeked over the fluffed part of his pillow to glare at the evil little box that beeped so annoyingly. With a grumble he reached out and flipped the switch instantly silencing the horrible screeching up.

For a second he glanced at his pillow debating laying there for a moment longer but the suddenly knock of a pan in the kitchen was enough to snuff out that idea. Slowly sitting up in bed, Kyle could hear more moving around in the kitchen but it was very quiet even with his more than human senses he could hear.

Surveying the floor, Kyle found his pajama pants where he dropped them the night before. Shoving his legs through the holes, Kyle thought it was best to check on Misha before he tended to his other business. Walking into the kitchen the lights were still dimmed except for a yellow dim bulb that was above the stove.

Misha moved around the kitchen with expertise, and a grace he had never seen before. She was purposely keeping her noise down. The pan on the stove was cooking what looked like an omelet and the skillet next to it was browning sausage links.

“Good morning.” Kyle said quietly causing Misha to jump nearly a foot from the ground.

“You scare me.” She whipped around clutching her chest her eyes wide with worry. “I not wake you?”

“No, you didn't wake me, my alarm clock did.” Kyle walked fully into the kitchen noticing the coffee pot full of steaming coffee. Opening a cabinet he pulled down two mugs and moved to fill them. But Misha held her hand out to stop him.

“I get, you sit.” She instructed as she nudged Kyle out of the small kitchen into the dining area. Reluctantly Kyle sat watching as she plated a large omelet and a few sausage links onto the plate then placing it before him followed by a steaming cup of coffee.

“Thank you, Misha. I rarely get to eat something this nice for breakfast. I usually eat cold pizza.” Kyle dove in to his food but soon realized that she made no move to make her own food. “Aren't you going to eat?”

Misha's eyes widened, “No.”

“Why not?” Placing his fork down, chasing down the food with a large gulp of coffee. “Eat please, there is plenty of food here. My mother ensures that.”

“Women not to eat with man.” Her voice dropped a few levels as she turned away and began to clean up dishes that had gathered in the sink.

“If you can't eat with men, then when would you eat?”

“Woman eat what is left.” She spoke with her eyes down working relentlessly on the dishes.

“You don't have to do that here, Misha. We don't have those rules here. You are free to eat when you want, and trust me if you cook like this with all your other meals I'm not sure how you ever got a bite in.” Even with his words of encouragement, she made no move to change her ways just keeping her hands buried in the soapy water as she scrubbed tirelessly on the skillet.