Chapter Two

Window #1: 3rd floor (Davante Kores)
    Davante didn't know what to do with himself. He tried listening to music but that only made him cry even more. He couldn't eat. So he did the last thing he could think of. He pulled out a razor from his drawer and looked at it. He took the small blade and ran it across his wrist. The blood seeped of him and dripped to the beige carpet like rain. He closed his eyes and screamed.
    A few hours later while he sat at his kitchen table just staring, his cellphone rang. It was his mother. What does she want? He asked himself. The last thing Davante wanted was to speak to his mother because even though she knew everything that happened between him, his ex-girlfriend, and his step brother; she didn't seem to care and that hurt Davante a lot.
"Hello?" he answered the phone.
"Hey sweetie, I was just calling to see how you were doing and to inform you that the family is having a big dinner Sunday."
"I'm fine. I'll see if I can come. I probably have nothing better to do."
"Okay. Love you."
Davante hung up the phone and chucked it across the room. He didn't want to even step foot out of his apartment. Why would he even want to go around people, especially his step brother? That's just another smile he had to fake. Davante knew that he would be there and the whole dinner would be awkward. He opened the bottle of Whiskey and just drank it from the bottle. When it was empty, he threw it at the wall and it shattered to pieces. He didn't even bother to clean it up. It just laid on the floor, broken and crushed. Like him.

Window #2: 9th floor (Lorrell and Norman)
    Lorrell was cooking Norman's favorite, Chicken Pot Pie. When it was finished, she sat down on the couch and ate it all by herself.
    "You're an evil little bitch. You're going to live forever and is gonna' be hell on earth. Like you are. You are-" Norman said, but before he could finish Lorrell threw the empty bowl at him. Well she tried; it just went a couple inches in front of her.
     "Shut the hell up. You just like to hear yourself talk. Just shut the hell up, damn. Can I live? Can I function? Jesus Christ!"
Norman just rolled his eyes and turned on the TV.  Lorrell got up and put on her long fur coat, her black stilettos, and a black hat.
     "Where the hell do you think you're going?" Norman hissed.
    "About my business and away from yo' old ugly behind."
She left and drove all the way to Atlantic City. She gambled all her money and didn't win a dime. Oh well she thought, I'm gon' die soon anyway.

Window #3: 6th floor (Caleb and Tina)
"Oh my gosh, you and I should totally go out this weekend. Maybe we can bring Katelyn. You like her and all." Tina suggested.
Caleb looked at her and rolled his eyes.
"I don't like her. It's just um... y'know. She's pretty and cool. She's just a friend."
Tina gave him the am-i-supposed-to-believe-that-nonsense-that-was-just-released-from-your-mouth look and laughed.
"Yeah yeah. Thats why you get all flushed when she comes and around. You like her and you know it."
"Whatever. Besides, she's gonna' be busy anyway. You and I both know that she doesn't have time for us."
Tina laughed and went to the kitchen. She opened the empty fridge and groaned.
"Aye, Caleb, when are you going shopping? It's a ghost town in this fridge dude."
"As soon as you get a job."
Tina ignored him and went to her room. She wasn't mad but she didn't have the patience to argue with Caleb. Caleb didn't have the patience to argue with Caleb-himself.
Later on, Caleb knocked on her door and asked if she wanted to go get pizza with him. Of course she said yes. She was starving.
The pizza parlor was empty but they managed to find themselves a decent seat.
"So, are you deciding to go back to college?" Caleb asked looking down at the table."
"You know I don't want to talk about this."
Caleb sighed and said, " But you need to. If I were you, I'd go back."
"But the things is that you're not me and you'll never be me. College is not for me."
"Why don't you go to trade school then. Do something with your life. I can't look after you forever."
"You don't understand. I'm not you. I am not smart and I don't know anything. What am I going to college for?"
"What do you like to do?"
Before she could answer the question, their waiter comes to take their order.
"Hi my name is Marley and I'll be serving you tonight. What can I get you to drink?" she asks as she pulls out a pen and paper.
They order their food and then continue their conversation.
"Back to what I was saying. What do you like to do? Got any hobbies or something?" Caleb asked.
"Umm... I like to do hair and makeup."
Caleb looked at her like she was dumb and asked, "So why on earth don't you be a beautician? Or a cosmetologist?"
Tina shrugged. Perhaps she did know why. Maybe it was because she didn't really want to take that hobby and turn it into a career. Or maybe it was simply because she was scared. Who knows?

Window #4: 7th floor (Kimberly Benson)
    She broke the mirror and now her hand was bleeding. Tears streamed down her face and a bottle of Vodka was held in one of hands. Her dog drank bleach and died. That was her best friend and now it's dead. She screamed and screamed on the top of her lungs. She chugged the bottle down and walked into the kitchen. The kitchen table had letters after letters, all from her daughter, Catherine. She grabbed one end of the table and flipped it over. The legs of the table snapped in half and the other end of the table hit the wall so the wall is cracked. 
Then there was a knock at the door. Kimberly tried to pull herself together as quick as she could. She wiped the mascara off of her cheeks and threw on a red satin robe. She opened the door. It was Catherine. Kimberly immediately tried to slam the door but Catherine forced her way in.
"Mom, why won't you write me back? I needed you." Catherine asked panting.
"I did not read any of your letters. Be gone now." Kimberly said motioning her out.
"No I'm not leaving. I need you." Catherine kept whining.
Although Kimberly didn't want Catherine there, she couldn't look her into her daughter's eyes and tell her no. She opened the door and Catherine walked in.
"Are you hungry?" she asked her
Catherine shook her head and looked in the kitchen.
"Mom what happened?"
Kimberly looked down and said, "Why are you here? What do you need me for?"
"Uh...Oh well I-I'm.....pregnant."
Kimberly's eyes pierced into Catherine's soul and she cracked a smile.
"I'm going to be a grandmother? Oh my gosh this is great!"
This was the first time Kimberly had been happy in a long time.
Catherine flushed and said,"I'm getting an abortion."
Those four words broke Kimberly's heart and brought tears to her eyes.
"Why? Are you crazy?" she blurted out
"I'm just not ready. I need you to get me through this. I don't want to go alone."
"No way! Go with the guy that knocked you up."
"He left me."
"Well I'm not going with you. Get out of my house. I don't want to look at you anymore."
"But mom-"
"Get out!"
Kimberly heard the pain in Catherine's voice but she ignored it. Catherine didn't fight back. She just left.
Kimberly's heart was shattered. That might of been her key to happiness and her daughter took it away. First her husband, then her dog, and now this. Kimberly wanted to give up. 

Window #5: 3rd floor (James Borwinger)
    He sipped from the can of beer and sighed heavily. He couldn't really move and his chest was killing him. He couldn't sleep at all.
While James was sitting on the recline and drinking a beer, his cellphone rang. It was a good friend of his, Richard Hillside.
"Hello?" James could barely talk without choking.
"You okay man? Anyway, the package you wanted is here at my house. I'll drop it off at your house some time today, okay?"
"Okay bye." he hung up the phone and ran to the bathroom.
He hovered over the porcelain toilet and puked. It wasn't food though. He threw up blood and it hurt. What the hell? He said in his head.
He tried to stand up but everything blurred out and he fell to the ground. James was unconscious.

Window #6: 4th floor (Katelyn Posh)
Tears rolled down her face as she was having her first mental breakdown of the week. She had to write two research papers due in four weeks and she hadn't even started one of them. She couldn't take the pressure. Katelyn wasn't much of a drinker but she took out her first can of beer from her refrigerator and sipped it. The taste was bitter and tasted like liquid metal. It was disgusting. But she downed the whole thing. Then she downed her second can and next thing you know she was on her sixth can of beer. Her body was numb and she finally felt good about herself. She turned on Ed Sheeran and lied down on her bed. His soft melodic voice seeped into her body and pulled out every emotion possible. The tears came back down and everything made her sad. The fact that she's going to die some day or even the fact that she's going to graduate from college and have to really be on her own with nothing to hold on to but her dignity. Maybe those beers weren't the best idea but at least it made her stress free for a couple of seconds. Thats a couple of seconds more than what she had been since she graduated high school.