was it really my choice?

"...Hey...where are you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago." I sighed in the phone receiver, hanging up without any proper goodbye, since it was only a voice message anyway.
I was tired of his ups-and-downs, his lies and broken promises, of him. Who was I kidding? I could never get rid or tired of him how much I try, how much it causes me pain. even no matter how much he hurts me. I was head over heels for him, yet he's My dirty little secret .... I couldn't wait anymore so I call my best friend Katy She pretty much understands me I'm planning to meet up with her right now for a few hours before he comes. To everyone I seem normal one life having a honest loyal person but truth be told it seems to me like i have a other half of me , a hidden life, a no escape trap I look in the mirror thinking was it really my choice or was it my mind telling me i couldn't think much longer... I walk out my room heading towards downstairs my mom stops me at the bottom of the steps "Scarlett where are you going" she asks concern with her arms crossed she's a other one always wondering where I'm going who I'm with but i really don't blame her I'm barely home and when i am home lets just say things are kinda you know weird..... "I'm going with Katy mom ill be fine" i push through her she wouldn't let me pass through i look at my phone noticing messages from him i roll my eyes barely looking at the third one i open the front door when my mom calls out "be careful" i close the door behind me .....