Home

-
-
-

I pick Messiah up from the school and take him to my parent's house before heading back to the hospital. I couldn't let him come with me today, he needs to get his work done and not try to stay up with me until visiting hours are over. This has been my routine for the past week now. I've just been to scared to see what would happen if I'm not there would her. If she's wakes up I want to be the first person she sees, and if she takes her last breath I want to be there. Her condition is improving she's finally becoming responsive, but she only responds to Messiah and I. All we can get her to do is squeeze our hands but anything is better than nothing.

This is stressful for me to handle; I can't sleep at night knowing she's at the hospital, I don't have an appetite, I've missed 4 games so far and my team really needs me. I'm trying to pull through this for Messiah because he really needs me. When he's around I have to put on this "everything is okay" mask just so he doesn't worry. He always ask "Why is mommy always sleeping?" and I just have to laugh through the pain and say that "Mommy is just very sleepy"

What if Summer doesn't pull through? I don't want to speak this into existence, but what if this happens? What will I do? I can't raise Messiah on my way, he needs his Summer just as much as he needs me. Damn it, I need Summer my damn self! She's my right hand, I don't know how I would function. When I'm running late for practice she's already got everything in my duffle bag. When I'm having a bad day she always know what to do to make me smile. Summer is like my best friend, we can roast each other, we play fight, we can play 2K together, after my games we can talk shit about the team together, this is all a man can ask for.

I pull my chair up besides her bed as usually, I don't know why the nurses keep moving it. I sit down in the chair scrolling through my phone and I could've sworn I seen her move. I look up from my phone and just stare her down but she was laying in the same position. I move up in my seat and grab her hand.

"Did you just move?" I ask but of course she couldn't say anything. "Squeeze my hand if you did" I tell her. I sit there anticipating and then I feel her grab my hand and a smile instantly came across my face. She can hear what I'm saying, bruh. I stand up and peck her lips "I really hope you wake up soon baby" I say to her. "I just want to take you home, I hate seeing you laid up in the hospital bed"

I sit back in my chair closing my eyes to take a quick nap that I really needed. I woke up rubbing my eyes looking down at the time on my phone it was 7:10 visiting hours ended in about 2 hours.

"You're finally up sleepy head" I hear someone say I look up from my phone instantly and Summer was sitting up in the bed with her arms crossed across her chest smiling. My eyes lit up, I jumped out of the chair and kissed her like I've been wanting to for the past 2 weeks. She places her hand on the nape of my neck deepening the kiss. I didn't want to pull away, I just needed this for a little while longer.

I pulled away from the kiss "I love you" I peck her lips once more before sitting down besides her. I hold her hand in mine and just stare at her in amazement.

"Omg can you stop staring" She giggles covering her face. "I can't help it" I laugh "You just look so beautiful" She blushes and roll her eyes. I miss seeing her like this.

"How long have you been up?"

"About 2 or 3 hours. I knew you haven't been getting sleep, I heard you tell your mom when she was here the other day, so I just let you rest" Summer tells me, even when she's the one who needs care she's always thinking about others.

"You've been able to hear us this whole time?" I ask surprised and she nods her head.

"I wish I would've brought Messiah with me. He really misses you"

"I miss him too. I'm sorry" Summer says looking in the opposite direction not making eye contact with me anymore. "Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong" I place my index finger under her chin turning her face towards mine and I could see the tears cascading down her cheeks. "Why are you crying?" I ask wiping the tears with my thumb even though it didn't stop her from crying more.

"I just really missed you guys. I thought I was dying and I would never be able to see you and him again." She continues to cry and then eventually laughs "I'm just really happy" I smile and sit on the bed besides her holding her in my arms and she lays her head on my chest. I kiss her forehead and rub my hand up and down her arm. "I'm happy too"

-
-

Summer's POV

The doctor released me from the hospital a week later. I made Odell avoid telling the press I was out of my coma because I wanted my fans to know first. I even made him keep it a secret from Siah. I hate that my son saw me laying in that hospital bed. If I had any control over that he wouldn't never even set foot in my hospital room. I just didn't want him to see me in that condition. I walked into the house and a smile instantly carved into my cheeks "I miss being home" I say to Odell

"Daddy grandpa was-" Messiah says walking into the kitchen but stops his sentence as soon as he seen me. "MOMMY!" He shouts running into my arms. I pick him up spinning him around in a circle "I missed you!" He exclaims "I missed you more" I reply showering him in kisses. I place him down on the ground

"I'm gonna go take a shower" I tell Odell walking away going upstairs. I took a shower and got dressed. My braids were still halfway decent and I wanted to upload a picture onto my Instagram and Twitter. I do my makeup I missed my make up soooooo much. I take a picture and post it onto my page

with a caption "When you come home and don't smell food cooking

with a caption "When you come home and don't smell food cooking. Odell do better 😂😘 #ImBack" I post it on to my page and almost instantly comments started swirling in "OMG SHES BETTER!" "She looks so pretty" "#Mood" "She's out the coma😭 I'm so happy!" I just really love my fans.

I'm so happy I'm home, I just missed my family so much. You never know what tomorrow brings so just take advantage of what you have now.