102: Moment of A Contract

102: 契約(けいやく)瞬間(しゅんかん)

'We'll be having a dinner tonight with a businessman interested in using my service, are you in or nah, Yuzuki?'

I looked up from my PSP to my Dad. 'Sure. Is he going to be fine with me around?' I asked.

Dad shrugged. 'I think he's cool with it. We'll see if he's worth my service.'

I leaned against the sofa. 'A businessman asking for your service... what do you think his business this time is?' I questioned.

'Ever heard of the Akashi Corporation?' he said. 'They once collaborated with Sony and Apple.'

I tilted my head, thinking. 'No idea.'

'Well, we'll see tonight.'

-

He has that charming, glistening red hair God knows it was dyed or not. He has a confident smile. He has an intimidating yet soft gaze. He has that grace of a warrior as he walks. Even I know that lot about him to that extent. The man across whom Dad called Masaomi bowed his head slightly.

He smiled and I nodded with a small smile, which might look disrespectful to others, but he nodded back and looked at Dad. 'Takato,' he addressed Dad politely but firm. 'Nice to meet you.'

Dad returned the smile. 'Back to you.'

I bowed my head. 'I'm Miyamura Takato's daughter, Miyamura Yuzuki. Nice to meet you, Akashi Masaomi-san.'

'Of course,' Masaomi said. 'What about your son, Takato? Where is he?'

Brother reflex. A name I invented. Dad and I quickly gazed at him grimly. 'I'd rather you not speak of my son, Masaomi. That's a sensitive topic.' Dad said.

Masaomi leaned back and his stare softened, as if pleased at our reactions. 'I shall not speak of him again. Forgive me.' He answered.

Dad waved his hand. 'Fret not. Let's just eat, shall we?'

I reached out for the utensils placed neatly on either sides of my plate. 15 minutes passed in silence until Dad spoke up. 'I'll go straight to the point.' He began.

Masaomi looked up from his food and turned his attention to Dad.

'You weren't my type. I wasn't intending to take your request but your confidence has changed my mind,' Dad sneered. 'Speak of your intention, Akashi Masaomi.'

Masaomi nodded. 'An insider has betrayed me. My son is the next successor of business, or so I thought—well, at least for now, but he contacted the Yukimura clan to aim for my son. His name is Akashi Seijuurou, a student of Rakuzan High School in class 2-A. I'm asking for your protection from the Yukimura clan. They want him dead so someone else could overthrow me, and whatnot. I did not ask for the police because they don't have the time to tend to my problem. Payment is up to you. Let's start at 500, 000 yen.'

I narrowed my eyes and raised my hand, recognizing his son immediately. Both of them turned to me. 'Masaomi,' I spoke and he didn't seem to be bothered by it. 'I poisoned your son last week and I apologize for it.' I bowed my head.

He froze for a moment then chuckled and soon it turned into a soft laugh. 'That's fine, he was in a coma state for a few days but he's healthy enough to go to school now. Since I'm asking for the Miyamura protection, I might as well forgive you and let's just think of it as a meaningful introduction of him to you.' Masaomi replied.