bonus ; sweet bachelor pad (and sequel announcement!)

bonus ∞ sweet bachelor pad

"Derek, I think I'm lost," Lily spoke into the phone as she parked outside an old warehouse

"Derek, I think I'm lost," Lily spoke into the phone as she parked outside an old warehouse. Derek had moved into an actual apartment instead of the Hale House and Lily was finally allowed to see it. At first he'd refused, saying that he needed to get it ready but he'd said she could come that day and given her the address. For some reason it had led her to a warehouse district and an abandoned looking area. "Either that or you've moved into some creepy warehouse," she added, then paused as she considered it, "Please tell me you haven't moved into some creepy warehouse." There was only silence on the other end. "I swear to God I'm turning around and going home."

Derek sighed on the other end but from his tone, she could tell he was amused, "Quit being so dramatic and come up already. I promise it looks better on the inside."

Grabbing her housewarming gift for him, she jumped from the jeep, muttering into the phone, "How am I not surprised? I knew I should have come apartment shopping with you. If you'd just let me come along, I could have helped you find a sweet bachelor pad."

He scoffed, "Bachelor pad? You know what that entails, right?"

Lily ignored his comment, asking, "Top floor?"

"Top floor," Derek confirmed. "See you soon," he added, hanging up.

Releasing a huge breath, Lily began trudging up the stairs, not sure whether she preferred this place or the Hale House just yet. As she got further up, she decided that she definitely preferred this place because it didn't have all the bad memories that came with the Hale House. It may have been in the middle of nowhere and really creepy, but it was an actual apartment – something she couldn't complain about. One thing she would complain about though was the flight of stairs she had to travel up.

Derek was waiting for her once she got to the top, an amused smirk on his face and his eyebrows raised. "You took the stairs?" he hummed, "Interesting choice."

She frowned, "What?" He only chuckled slightly, leading her into the room. "There was another option?" she continued complaining, looking around. That's when she noticed the elevator, her mouth gaping open in annoyance. Instead of dwelling on her mistake, she only followed him in, taking her surroundings in as she entered.

Above all, the whole loft screamed Derek Hale. All the furniture was simple and rustic, only the basic necessities around. There was a sofa in the middle, with a table and two chairs. A little closer to the windows was a desk with a simple stool. Then, right in the corner, was the bed – not exactly in the open but not fully concealed. Lily was about to comment on that fact when she noticed something else peculiar. "Is that a hole?" Lily raised her eyebrows, staring at the random hole in the wall.

"I was trying to extend the loft," Derek admitted.

Lily opened her mouth to respond and then closed it, not really sure what she could say about the hole. Finally, she blurted, "Yeah... you probably shouldn't do that again." Approaching the wall, she tilted her head and appraised it, "What did you do? Did you just punch a hole through?" Her mind filled with images of Derek punching at brick wall and she couldn't help but to giggle slightly.