Chapter Two

I awoke in my dorm. I sat up quickly and looked around. It was.. Just a dream? Everything? What happened to the town? I got up and got dressed. As soon as I walked out the door I saw Warren walking down the sidewalk. I ran up to him and hugged him immediately. "Warren.. There was a tornado.. The whole town.. And everything was.. Gone." I stuttered. "Woah there, Max" Warren said hugging me back. "I'm sure it was just a dream." I let go slightly embarrassed. He held the newspaper out to me. I read the headline.

"Nathan Prescott, son of Sean Prescott charged with murder."

I looked down at the picture. I saw a court room. Nathans family on one side. Joyce and David on the other. "Max? You look awfully pale.." Warren said cautiously. I stood there in total shock. "Did I actually chose to save Arcadia Bay over Chloe?" Everything went fuzzy. I heard Warren saying my name. I took one last look at him before blacking out.

Warren calling my name turned into muffled words. It didn't even sound like him anymore. It turned into a familiar voice. All I saw was darkness around me. Suddenly everything started to lighten. "Max? Wake up! You're dreaming. I'm right here!" Chloe said raising her voice. I sat straight up and looked over to see Chloe shaking my shoulder with one hand and the other steering. It was a dream. "It was only a dream. I don't know what the hell was going on but it isn't real." Chloe said sounding worried. "I'm.. I'm fine.. I'm awake." I whisper. Suddenly I remembered my dream. "Chloe oh my god.. You're alive..." I noticed she seemed paler than normal. "Max, did you go back and fuck with the past again? How did I die this time?" Chloe says sarcastically. "I- Warren- Nathan- Prison-" I stuttered. Was Warren still alive? I felt suddenly sick."It seems to me that you need to go back to sleep. Take a nap. I'll play some music for you. We'll be there in about 30 minutes." She replied. I layed back in my seat again as she turned onto the radio to some indie station. It was relaxing. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I felt the truck stop. I opened my eyes to see Chloe writing something on a notepad. I sit up in my seat and notice we're sitting in front of someone's house. "Man, where are we?" I say still half asleep. Chloe replies, "Jordan's place. I'm sure he'll let us crash here for now." She puts down her notepad. "You look like you have something on your mind, Caulfield." She smirks at me. "Well, just curious. What happened last night?" I say. "You totally fell asleep on me at the table. I carried you back to the truck and we both slept." Chloe says hiding her smile. "Right.. Sorry about that, Chloe." I say shyly. "No biggy. You always did it to me when we were younger. Remember we'd watch a movie and you'd always fall asleep on me?" She says. I laugh, "right, whatever." We both get out of the truck and walk up to the door. She rang the doorbell. I waited anxiously.
After a few exchanges of nervous glances with Chloe, the door finally cracked open a few inches. Chloe cleared her voice, "Jordan.. It's chloe. Can we talk?" The door opened a bit wider still not revealing the boys face. I felt my heart speed up a little. "Chloe? Chloe Price?" Said the deep voice. "Hi, Jordan." Chloe says back. I could hear shakiness in her voice. She was nervous too. The door opened all the way. There stood a boy no older than 22 and no younger than 18. He stood about 5'10" and be was fairly built. He had a sharp jawline and calming blue eyes. His hair was nearly the same color as mine, if not any lighter. He had tattoos running down both arms. I noticed something around his neck. I squint closer and see a bullet necklace identical to Chloe's. How does he know her? I stuck my hands inside my pockets to hide my trembling. "Chloe.. You're alive. The rumors weren't true." Said Jordan. He stepped out in front of us. Chloe stepped back a few feet. Something was strange. I stepped back next to her. "I'm surprised you cane back to talk to me after what you did." He replies. Chloe looks a bit more annoyed than scared. "Its not my fault what happened-" Chloe says being cut off. "She's dead because of you! How could you hurt her?" Jordan says. Chloe went quiet. Should I rewind this and say something? "I didn't mean to do shit." Chloe says looking upset. "If it wasn't for you bringing her into that shit town of yours, they never would have hurt her." He says looking upset. Hurt her? Rachel is dead. Chloe must have thought the same thing. "Rachel is dead, Jordan. We found her body in the graveyard." Chloe says gently. "No. Are you sure it was her body you found?" Jordan says. Chloe and I look at each other. "I-I-.." Chloe stutters. Jordan looks angry. He grabs Chloe by the wrists and holds them tightly. "How dare you.. Hurt her?!" Jordan says angrily. I pause everything and rewind to the moment we started talking. "Chloe? You're alive the rumors weren't true." He says stepping outside. "I'm surprised you came back after what you did." I had to say something. "Hi." I say holding out my hand. "I'm Max Caulfield." He takes my hand and shakes it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Jordan." Said the boy. "Chloe smirked at me as if she wasn't surprised at my outburst. It's almost as if she knew that I rewinded. "Jordan, have you heard about Arcadia Bay?" Said Chloe. "There was an E6 tornado. I'm glad to see you two alive." He said. Chloe replies, "you see, we took shelter in the lighthouse until the storm passed. The whole town is shredded and we didn't have anywhere to go." He nods and opens the door wide. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you need." He said. Chloe gives him a smirk. "Thank you Jordan. It means a lot to me." The man nodded. I followed Chloe into the house. It was fairly nice inside. There was a giant flat screen TV with gaming consoles hooked up. Fancy brown leather couches surrounded it. It had a unique home smell. He led us into a hallway and into a spare bedroom. The room was nicely designed. It made me feel safe finally. "Hope you don't mind sharing a room and bed. My other rooms are full." He smirked. "You guys are probably thankful to be able to do the does after all this." Jordan said sarcastically walking out grinning. He closed the door behind him. Chloe looks at me and smirks. "You're as red as this room." She says. "Whatever." I reply holding in my smile. I rub my cheeks hoping to cool down. We both sit on the edge of the bed. "So, what happened back there. I know you had to rewind. Your face gave it away." She says anxiously. Should I tell the truth?

Tell the truth

Tell her later

Tell her later