Chapter 6 - Secrets (Vivian POV)

~Unedited~

Vivian

I was sitting quietly in the bed as Matilda was located in some other room that was nearby. My hair was pulled off to the side and my head been pounding ever since the dinner. It went horribly, to say the least, as everyone had left the room before they finished eating at some point. Lucian, his name is if I remember, left the room just after saying that he was going to stay.

Matilda and I ended up eating alone and although I had all the chance to talk to her like I wanted to, it was almost as if I couldn't speak anything. All those questions and words were stuck in my throat as I slowly finished the food on my plate. No matter how many times I revised in my head on how to break the topic itself to Matilda, I always ended up filling my mouth with a spoon full of soup or a large bite of bread when I opened my mouth to talk to her.

It was such a failure.

The sound of someone knocking vibrated throughout the room as I stood up and patted down my gown. When I opened the door, I blinked twice to see both Lucian and Chester standing there.

"May we come in?" Lucian asked.

I opened my mouth to answer but before the words were out of my mouth, they both had barged in.

"Yes... I suppose."

Lucian smiled at me charmingly. "We both are here to talk to you, Vivian."

I nodded my head unsure of what was coming. But my hand was consciously clenching the handle of the door as I closed it slowly. Chester's eyes travelled around my room and finally landed on me. I probably looked very scared because he immediately rolled his eyes.

"How many times, Princess, do we have to assure you that we won't be hurting you?" He hissed as Lucian shot him a look. He ignored his friend and glared at me. "Please, for God's sake, do not count us as idiots just because of how we are. We are not that stupid to kidnap the Princess and hurt her senselessly, you can trust me on that."

I huffed at him, my hand immediately releasing the door knob as I glared at him. "Well, you may as well leave than wasting your time insulting me, I suppose."

He chuckled without any sense of humor. "Is she serious, Lucian? I'm insulting her?"

Lucian sighed. "Maybe you should let me handle this, Chester-"

"I'm so sorry, Princess, but pardon me for assuring your safety for the twentieth time ever since you have arrived at my humble adobe but don't," he hissed, "you dare tell me that I'm insulting you."

"Oh well, I'm very much sorry too then for feeling unsafe with people that have kidnapped me who could be using me for anything in the world. I'm so very sorry for not feeling very comfortable in you beautiful house, then." I hissed back at him with his same attitude, feeling so proud of myself.

But that pride soon vanished as the anger grew in him and he slammed his fist on the table loudly, causing the lamp to shake mercilessly. I gasped in surprise and Lucian groaned.

"You," he pointed at Chester, "my friend need to leave. Now."

He glared at him and Lucian grabbed his hand and leaned in close, whispering something into his ear. Chester, meanwhile, stared at me with a scowl on his face.

"You better have her convinced by the time you come back." That was all he told Lucian before walking towards the door. I instantly moved away from him but he stopped as our shoulders lightly touch and glared at me. Then, he left the room, slamming the door behind him, making me wonder if that was a habit of his.