Chapter 2

(Y/n) POV

After what had seemed an hour or two, I opened the door and saw some familiar faces walking down the halls. I went out and found out that it was time to do eat dinner. As I was walking down to the 'cafeteria', I was stopped by Corporal.

"Oh sir, do you need me?" I asked in a mature manner, but still full of eagerness.

"I just needed you to give me company. I sort of figured out that you didn't really bond with most of the troops here. Everybody at least needs an acquaintance."

Corporal was acting very strange. Earlier today, I saw him yelling, and making the others run laps and clean his office.

But why all nice to me?

"Um, ok sir." I responded, accidentally making my voice a little too stern. We kept walking towards the 'cafeteria' silently. I caught him glancing over at me, so I smiled and kept walking. Corporal was kind of short, but I was shorter; being short never really bothered me anyway.

We finally got to the little tent and went to go grab some food. There wasn't much choice on what to get, but I was fine with that. Both me and Corporal grabbed some potatoes, bread, and some vegetables. We sat down at a table, facing each other on opposite ends, and ate our food.

"So, Corporal, how long have you been working here?" I ask, again, trying to make some conversation.

"Eh, a couple years. Why?" He asked, looking forward.

"I don't know, just trying to start some conversation sir." I answered, taking a bite of my dinner.

"Well I have a question for you," Corporal looked at me with an annoyed face. "will you shut up?"

I looked up at him with question in my eyes

"I only asked you one thing sir. . ." He then looks up at me with an annoyed face, then turns his head to the left.

"You're going to be cleaning my office for a month starting today, exactly fifteen minutes after dinner. That would be 8:15 sharp"

I nod and look down, standing up and putting my food away.

~~~~~~~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked over to my room, shutting the door quickly. I walked over to my bed, wanting to take a nap, and fell on it. I made sure to try and wake up in about 10 minutes, remembering about the meeting with Corporal.

My eyes slowly got heavier and heavier until my body took over my soul and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and it was about 8:15

"Oh gosh dang it! The meeting!" I yelled, almost in hysteria.

He's going to make me clean his office for longer now! What a drag.

I run towards corporals office and trip over my own boots, falling face first  on the ground. I slowly get up, then hear what I think is a bit of laughter.

"Eh?" I look up seeing corporal, laughing at me with his jet black hair. He suddenly stops and clears his throat.

"Because you're late, you'll be cleaning my office for a month and a week, (l/n)." He looks down at me with his dull, grey eyes, and smirks, walking to his office.

"T-that's too much corporal, make me run laps instead." I said, fully standing up. He turns around and pierces my soul with his eyes, again, dull but with more energy.

"Because you have ordered me to do something, you will not just clean my office for a month and a week, but running one-hundred laps tomorrow morning before breakfast."

"But sir, I was suggesting, not ordering." He opens the door of his office and walks in, holding the door for me.

"Make that one-hundred and fifty laps, for talking back."

I walk in his office, opening my mouth to object, but hesitate and don't say anything.